B&B Install - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Contributing Member
 
AlexT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Havre de Grace, MD
Posts: 875
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
B&B Install

Boy, I hope this split seam issue is just with a certain run of these exhausts.

I installed the B&B yesterday. It took all of 20 minutes for removal and install. The tone is perfect for me. Nice and bassy at the low rpm end with a cracked throttle, along with a tuned scream when it's winding out. At low throttle applications, it's relatively quiet but you know it's there. And it sounds great under acceleration from the outside. Teda, as you said, it's more noticeable than stock, but in normal driving it never really overwhelms you. Your advice was perfect. Thanks.

I'm figuring it'll get louder as it seasons. How much louder will determine whether I got back and add the "quiet" option. Right now, it's just about perfect for me.

Alex


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AlexT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Major Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Re: B&B Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT
Boy, I hope this split seam issue is just with a certain run of these exhausts.

I installed the B&B yesterday. It took all of 20 minutes for removal and install. The tone is perfect for me. Nice and bassy at the low rpm end with a cracked throttle, along with a tuned scream when it's winding out. At low throttle applications, it's relatively quiet but you know it's there. And it sounds great under acceleration from the outside. Teda, as you said, it's more noticeable than stock, but in normal driving it never really overwhelms you. Your advice was perfect. Thanks.

I'm figuring it'll get louder as it seasons. How much louder will determine whether I got back and add the "quiet" option. Right now, it's just about perfect for me.

Alex
Alex.....All right, man, they are on! Glad you like them. I have about 8,000 with mine on now (I think). They do get a bit deeper in sound as they "age", but in a good way according to my ears. Damp wipe them every so often and they look brand new.

Was just in the garage torquing (sp) down the M shoes with my new PS2's, getting ready for a little Sunday fun and "tire break in" run. Threw a fast coat of Zaino on the Jeep, and crawled under it to check B&B welds. So far so good, no issues. If anything develops I'll be sure to post it.

Enjoy, Later,
T.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
teda is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Major Contributing Member
 
FastSRT8GC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TAMPA, FL
Posts: 1,429
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: B&B Install

Good to hear the install was easy and sound is good. Mine is being fabricated and should be shipped this week.... CANT WAIT!!!!! Get a video up so we can all here it! I will as soon as i get mine on.
FastSRT8GC is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Elite Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,771
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: B&B Install

I Get My B&b Today Tommoro I Will Fix It .
oman srt8 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
kramsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,996
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: B&B Install

Congrats Alex. And good to hear that it is just a deep bass sound and not a drone that would be considered irritating. Sure our tastes, along with Teda's are similar so now I know I can go ahead, providing it works with my planned custom hitch.

Sound clip w/b nice...
________
BOX VAPORIZER

Last edited by kramsay1234; 04-06-2011 at 02:05 AM.
kramsay1234 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Contributing Member
 
AlexT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Havre de Grace, MD
Posts: 875
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: B&B Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramsay1234
Congrats Alex. And good to hear that it is just a deep bass sound and not a drone that would be considered irritating. Sure our tastes, along with Teda's are similar so now I know I can go ahead, providing it works with my planned custom hitch.

Sound clip w/b nice...
My video camera is having issues, but I'm sure it would sound just like the clip on B&B's website.

A slight revision as I've driven it today re: drone. There is a point at 1500 rpm in 5th gear that, if I've got a specific small amount of throttle, can produce something similar to a bit of drone but it goes away by dropping it down into 4th (which IMO is where the tranny should have been anyway). Not enough to change my opinion at all.

I also determined today that this exhaust is yet another reason for the remote starter. Get to listen to it as I'm walking up.

Alex
AlexT is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
 
kramsay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,996
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: B&B Install

What I really should do is take a ride to Maryland - have Hallstar tint my windows and go for a ride in Alex's truck with the B&B. That should justify the 14 hour drive. How is the weather there right now? Anything happening at Ocean City other than ice skating?
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by kramsay1234; 04-06-2011 at 02:06 AM.
kramsay1234 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Contributing Member
 
AlexT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Havre de Grace, MD
Posts: 875
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: B&B Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramsay1234
What I really should do is take a ride to Maryland - have Hallstar tint my windows and go for a ride in Alex's truck with the B&B. That should justify the 14 hour drive. How is the weather there right now? Anything happening at Ocean City other than ice skating?
The weather right now sucks. But give it a couple months and I'll take you for a run in the boat out on the Chesapeake.

Alex
AlexT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compact Sub Install With Pics MNBob WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 14 10-08-2009 08:55 PM
B&B exhaust review F360 WK1 Intake/ Exhaust Discussion 3 11-30-2006 04:29 PM
Super Charger Install - won't start QwkJeeP WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service 7 10-28-2006 03:34 PM
B&B exhaust question F360 WK1 Intake/ Exhaust Discussion 4 08-31-2006 04:11 PM
GSM RAM air intake kit install question... rainmaker WK1 Intake/ Exhaust Discussion 0 06-20-2006 04:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome