New and Improved Zoomers Exhaust - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

New and Improved Zoomers Exhaust

We've added a few things on our JEEP GC SRT8 cat-back and we'll be offering a tamer version. The main additions are, we've installed 2 resonators in the rear pipes and added 3" to the length of the mufflers. Also the internal perforation of the muffler is smaller allowing for more ceramic packing while still allowing for expansion in our patented design.

Making these changes has considerably tone things down, especially the inside cabin resonance. While this systems sound is what you'd expect from Zoomers it no longer has the drone issues for the daily driver.

I have 2 systems priced at $899.00 (Shipping is free) equipped with these changes. If you're interested in purchasing please post here and send me a PM. Your reviews are encouraged and I'm looking forward to the feed back.

Retail on this system is $1299.00

Last edited by aperformance; 02-22-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Major Contributing Member

Re: New and Improved Zoomers Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperformance
I have 2 systems priced at $899.00 (Shipping is free) equipped with these changes.
Are there 2 different systems to choose from or do you only have 2 available at that price?

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Silver (SOLD)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

We just have two at this price of $899.00.

Ron 866-4Zoomers
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Banned

Are the systems still a lot lighter than the stock stuff...I have B&B now but am having clearance issues...Train Horn and big mufflers do not mesh well...pm me some picks and if it looks good I'm in!!!
Hallstar Tint& Detail!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM

Where is the incentive for your already loyal customers? Any fix for existing systems? Or do those of us who purchased the cat-back have to deal with the drawbacks of a product that was rushed to market with poor R & D? I only make these assumptions bc the "fix" would not be necessary if the product had been designed correctly to begin with. The drone is unbearable at times and I do not feel it is "good business" to simply introduce a new product without making some kind of amends for your intial, faulty system.

Last edited by NighT ProWLeR; 02-15-2007 at 08:35 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallstar
Are the systems still a lot lighter than the stock stuff...I have B&B now but am having clearance issues...Train Horn and big mufflers do not mesh well...pm me some picks and if it looks good I'm in!!!
Hallstar Tint& Detail!!!

Yes the systems are a lot lighter than stock and we only added the weight of the resonators to the new system which is less than 3LBS. I'll get some photos up later today...Thanks, Ron
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Re: Zoomers exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighT ProWLeR
Where is the incentive for your already loyal customers? Any fix for existing systems? Or do those of us who purchased the cat-back have to deal with the drawbacks of a product that was rushed to market with poor R & D? I only make these assumptions bc the "fix" would not be necessary if the product had been designed correctly to begin with. The drone is unbearable at times and I do not feel it is "good business" to simply introduce a new product without making some kind of amends for your intial, faulty system.

The original system is not faulty, yes they may be a bit loud at times and with the changes mentioned we've been able to tone things down to make it more acceptable to the masses. The original system is still available for thoughs who want and like it loud. We are constantly improving our systems and adding options, for example we've recently tested larger resonators for our Corvette system to help with drone issues on the Automatic trans only cars. All aftermarket systems for these Auto Trans Vette’s suffers from similar droning but it doesn't mean they are faulty. We will offer an manual and auto system for the Vette a sport and touring version if you will...and we will offer the same for the Jeep. I sent you a PM to perhaps figure a way we can help with your situation.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Re: Zoomers exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperformance
The original system is not faulty, yes they may be a bit loud at times and with the changes mentioned we've been able to tone things down to make it more acceptable to the masses. The original system is still available for thoughs who want and like it loud. We are constantly improving our systems and adding options, for example we've recently tested larger resonators for our Corvette system to help with drone issues on the Automatic trans only cars. All aftermarket systems for these Auto Trans Vette’s suffers from similar droning but it doesn't mean they are faulty. We will offer an manual and auto system for the Vette a sport and touring version if you will...and we will offer the same for the Jeep. I sent you a PM to perhaps figure a way we can help with your situation.
I give you guys alot of props for coming on here and admitting that your initial system was not perfect, however you guys keep on improving on your existing product(s) like most manufacturers. Hopefully your new System will please the masses and get rid of that nasty thing called Drone. You can't always please everybody, people wanted an exhaust system a year ago and you guys were one of the first mfg's out there to market a system for us. I wish more Mfg.'s would take a look at the Jeep SRT8. But most are amused with other useless vehicles. JMTC.

Mike B. GO Cleveland Clowns, OH
mabosc223@hotmail.com
06' Bright Silver GC SRT8
08' GT500

Last edited by mabosc223; 02-16-2007 at 01:08 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 01:17 PM

I would be interested in trying one.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Hey fellow members, FYI. I originally bought the Zoomers exaust when it first came out. Obviously I was excited about the new system and the drone really didnt bother me(wife hated it!!!) But then after a couple of months the excitment was gone and the drone was very noticible. I was going to take a $1200.00 hit and put the Stock system back on but decided to call Ron at Zoomers to see if there was anything he could do. I lucked out because the NEW!! system (I got the proto-type) he is making now has been on my bad boy for 4 months and I love it. The system still gives you that throaty sound but there is at least a 40% diffrence with the drone. Even the wife noticed that the cabin noise was down. Ron really wanted to put a better system together and I think he did a great job. Just to let you know I dont have any connections with Zoomers just a SRT lover who was taken care of with no hastles. Thanks Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode