Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Volant Cold Air Intake # 17861

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MonaDeRio 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Installed. I had zero problems. Snorkel hose isn't connected yet. Probably connect it to the brake air duct. Looking for the best way to do it. I have a few ideas.

Attachments

Reactions: raiderx72
#5 ·
Here are some pictures of the snorkel hose and the brake air duct. I'll try to make a connection by using 3.25 to 3.75 90 degree elbow silicone reducer.

Attachments

#6 ·
Some updates on my Volant CAI setup.
The (83MM-102MM) 3.25"-4" 90 Degree Silicone Coupler Reducer will be reinforced with the small piece of aluminum pipe and this part of reducer will be squeezed a little then insert inside the brake duct outlet.
After all I'll affix it with the stainless steel self-drilling screws. Snorkel hose will be connected to the other side of reducer. Pictures of the finished project will be provided after final installation.

Attachments

#7 ·
Done. Some changes has made during the installation. Brake air duct was cut and silicone reducer got over it. See the pix step by step.

Attachments

#9 ·
I have Borla exhaust installed so it's pretty loud and I don't feel any difference while driving. My Jeep is a daily driver so there are no much options to test it but acceleration got better.
I hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.