Need Help with Warranty - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Need Help with Warranty

I was thinking about getting the Corsa exhaust and the Dub CAI, but i just talked to my dealer and they said the corsa would void the warranty. Can anyone give me advice and tell me if my dealer is wrong or right?

06 Black GC SRT8 - 10 inch JL w7 subwoofer, JL 500/1 amp, Bass controller, Xbox, Sylvania lows, PIAA highs, Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Corsa Exhaust, Dub Air CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Major Contributing Member

Re: Need Help with Warranty

The dealer is wrong! Cat-back exhaust systems will not void the warranty of a vehicle. Moreover, the Mopar exhaust is the same as the Corsa, give them the Mopar part # and then see what they say...

I have the Dub Intake and Corsa Exhaust - both products are well engineered and improve the vehicle immensely. My dealer okayed both products; if your dealer will not, I suggest you migrate to one that respects your business and treats you properly.

Give them this Mopar Part # #P5153453... Do not tell them it is the Corsa, just say, "Will this exhaust system coincide with my warranty?" --- If they say NO, leave and never go back.

Last edited by Black_SRT8; 10-05-2006 at 05:42 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

I just called them again and talked to them and this time they said that if its a chrysler made part then it won't void the warranty but he said whoever installs it has to put on the vin number or something that its a chrysler part. He also said that the Dub air CAI would also void the warranty. Is there any way around this?

Last edited by Aaron; 10-06-2006 at 01:43 PM.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 PM

This dealer is an idiot. It doesn't matter if it is Mopar or Corsa branded, they don't void or restrict your warranty unless those parts cause the failure of a covered part.

FYI, Mopar Performance parts do not have a warranty and if they cause the failure of a covered component, then that component will no longer be covered.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
He also said that the Dub air CAI would also void the warranty. Is there any way around this?
Yes, use a different dealer!!

My dealer okayed the Dub Intake within seconds.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:18 PM

The dealer doesn't determine if something voids the warranty, the laws do. Some dealers are easier to work with but you are protected by the Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act (sorry if I spelling that wrong). The act basically states that the dealer/car company must prove the modification caused the problem.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 04:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to radduc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
I just called them again and talked to them and this time they said that if its a chrysler made part then it won't void the warranty but he said whoever installs it has to put on the vin number or something that its a chrysler part. He also said that the Dub air CAI would also void the warranty. Is there any way around this?
He sounds like an ass,I would try a new dealership.I have had my dealer install Ported and polished heads and intake,Headers,Full Exhaust,and the Slim boxes to fix the CEL and they are way cool.They said that as long as they do the install everything is cool.Obviously if there is a problem with the part they installed im on my own.Also,throwing the Service guy you speak as well as the mechanic that works on your Jeep a Fifty helps alot.Will be the best Hundred bucks you ever spent.Make sure you ask to meet the guy that did the work on your truck and you want him to be the only one that works on it.I do that with all my card.BIG HELP
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks guys, I talked to the people at tbyrne and they assured me that it wouldn't void the warranty so I went ahead and ordered the exhaust and CAI. They should arrive sometime in the next week.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 05:35 PM

Dealers suck!!

I had to through a 100 to the service guy so that whenever my car is in, he treat it like a VIP car!! i hate the way, but that how life works these days, everyone wants money, money..
trust me, i had a friend with a Benz, with less options, he took it to the dealer, complaining about the stereo system, through 150 to the guy there, then guess what?
He had a new system with NAV, TV , all.. under warrantee, where in fact, he didn’t had these before when he purchased the car!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 10:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to radduc

Thats the only way to do things and get them done.I have yet to duke a service tech or manager and it not work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode