B&B or Mopar/Corsa - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to kwoody87
B&B or Mopar/Corsa

i have read just about every thread about the BB and mopar exhast systems and heard great results and even went to their websites and heard the sounds on the audio file, i like the sound better on the MOPaR/Corsa but i like the hp gain numbers better on the BB. i love aggressive sounds and also a good performance gain with exhast but it seems its hard to have both. would would you guys recomend, BB or Mopar/Corsa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:12 PM

Re: B&B or Mopar/Corsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody87
i have read just about every thread about the BB and mopar exhast systems and heard great results and even went to their websites and heard the sounds on the audio file, i like the sound better on the MOPaR/Corsa but i like the hp gain numbers better on the BB. i love aggressive sounds and also a good performance gain with exhast but it seems its hard to have both. would would you guys recomend, BB or Mopar/Corsa
I have not purchased my new exhaust system yet, but when I do this spring, it will be the Mopar/Corsa. I had a Corsa system on my '03 Sierra Denali pick-up and, besides the increase in the fuel mileage and the increase in the performance, I thought the sound was perfect. Don't trust the audio files on the website...they are good, but they will be better in person.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Senior Contributing Member

I have the B&B and couldn't be happier. I had them custom made with round mufflers instead of the stock oval ones, and the sound is very agressive.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

how much extra is it for costom made round mufflers, and who do i ask for about this
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:08 PM

i noticed that tbyrne was offering a special for the charger srt8 ... it included a free dub air cai with corsa purchase... i called and asked if i could get the same deal on the srt8 jeep ... needless to say i was happy with the answer
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

i have a k&n intake installed, if i needed an intake id def set my sights on the corsa but i want to be sure im spending mu money wisely when i make this purchase and i dont want to wish i got the other one once i have it
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 06:20 AM

Quote:
how much extra is it for costom made round mufflers, and who do i ask for about this
I paid $1249 plus freight ($85). I talked to Billy Boat via e-mail, bill@bbexhaust.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:

For my money I would go with the Corsa, it was closely engineered with the SRT Engineers. Plus the soujnd is AMAZING, with little to no drone in the cab. I noticed a huge SOTP difference (acceleration wise) then with the stock cat-back. It is definately worth the money. And Corsa is a great company, TOP NOTCH guys all the way down the line. JMHO.

Mike B. GO Cleveland Clowns, OH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06' Bright Silver GC SRT8
08' GT500
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 04:58 PM

B & B's put on this morning and very pleased so far. Great WOT sound but seems less than stock just cruising. Turns heads quickly. Less than $1k installed and polished from tip to tip. More aggressive look out the back. I'll post some pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails
B&B02 (Small).jpg   B&B01 (Small).jpg  

08 Steel Blue Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
06 Black Jeep GC SRT8 = SOLD

Last edited by 12SECUV; 10-01-2006 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added Pics
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

this is a hard decision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode