Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

just got Mopar exhaust... wow!

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Street WK 
#1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I had my muffler removed and replaced with straight pipes. This made the truck significantly louder and more raspy and aggressive sounding. Well today I just got my Jeep back from a brand new Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Porsche dealer that opened up a few hundred yards from my office. Actually they haven't even opened yet but their service department is fully equipped with seven lifts and all the goodies, so to try them out I had them install the Mopar.

To make a long story short, I am VERY happy with this system. It isn't any louder than my previous/modified exhaust, but the sound is just... orgasmic. Listening to the sound clips on the Corsa website does NO JUSTICE WHATSOEVER for this product. It sounds just like what it really is: a perfectly tuned race engine.

My only complaint is the alignment of the tips. Because of the way the rear unit is welded together I know this is a manufacturing issue, not due to the installation. Barely noticable but if you look very carefully you can see the angle of the slash cut between the two tips isn't perfectly equal. It's not bad enough where I would even bother having it adjusted, but I just had to mention it.

Overall I'm very impressed. Normally I like Borla exhausts, I'm even a Borla dealer, but this 6.1 engine with Corsa/Mopar exhaust is probably the sweetest I've ever heard.

I'll try to take a video later but these pix are all I have for now:

________
Live sex webshows

See less See more
#2 ·
I agree, this upgrade is well worth the money. When driving conservatively, my MPG's migrate from 15-18. With this increase, the exhaust will ultimately pay for itself.

Also, make sure you reset the PCM/battery for 15 minutes.

BTW, your tires look awesome when your ride is in the air!

#8 ·
Hey Guys,

I just picked up my GC SRT8. I'm planning on having the Mopar/Corsa's installed. You guys mentioned to "remember to make sure you reset the PCM/battery for 15 minutes".

Can you guys please explain to a newbie what the PCM is and why you are suggesting doing this step please?

Thanks

Rob

#12 ·
saywhat said:
Hi, just had the Mopar exhaust installed and it sounds and responds fine. No were in the instructions did it say anthing about resetting the PCM. It seems to be fine, can someone explain why I should do this. Thanks
Any time you change any component in the breathing system of a car, you need to reset the ecu. Especially when you change the air intake system. I've never heard of disconnecting the battery for an exhaust, but it could make a difference. I'm only guessing.

#14 ·
Street WK said:
More pics!!!
Here's a few, I can get more if needed. :cool:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.