Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New jeep owner

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Naldo 
#1 ·
just purchased my jeep with only 32000 miles and noticed that the breaks do squeak when firm braking. My question is will switching to some stop tech pads help with the issue?

Reactions: GreatBlackHorse
#2 ·
haha Just bought my wife her jeep with about the same mileage, and it does the same thing. usually gets better when it warms up but still very annoying. so i will be watching this for a response too!

congrats on the purchase!

#4 ·
rotors still look good plus them being covered in snow doesn't help

#5 ·
#7 ·
^^^^ what he said!

I bought my 08 with about the same mileage and couldn't stand the noise! I upgraded to the drilled & slotted R1 rotors and the stoptech pads and now it's pure silence! Not a peep since! A couple vendors here could help you out if interested

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
What are u guys paying for the setup rotors and pads

#9 ·
PM R1Concepts, they are one of the supporting vendors here. They will hook u up!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Pm Steve at R1 concepts. He will hook you up. Great deals and great service and no more squeal. Temporary solution is to bed in the brakes. Might help for awhile

#12 · (Edited)
I got mine about 3 weeks back with about 39.6 on the clock and the day after I got it home the brakes sounded like the air brakes from a trailer but loud like a train horn, it was horrible and pretty embarrasing lol. I took it back to the dealer and they asked me to replicate it so I put it in reverse in the service garage with all the doors closed and they started screaming (so did everyone in the room) haha. They inspected it and told me it had after market brakes and pads like the ones you get from napa...they ordered stock replacements and a week + $1.6k worth of their free money later and no more train horn letting people know I'm coming to a stop behind them lol

#13 ·
Just took my jeep to midas and they told me my rotors and pads need to be replaced , so I contacted the dealership where I bought the jeep and told them and it looks like they might cover costs.

#14 ·
It's a safety item so they have to cover it for a certain amount of time and they also take into consideration mileage since it is a wear item...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.