Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Audio systems question

9K views 72 replies 8 participants last post by  HowIRoll 
#1 ·
I don't see it listed in any of these threads, but what are you guys using to integrate aftermarket amplifiers for components and subwoofers? Not those cheap speaker level inputs to RCAs I hope? I've been doing a bunch of reading on the JBL MS-8 but that thing is very expensive.

I have an 06 with navigation and would love to keep that, while also upgrading the entire stereo to something more to my liking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh... as an aside. I am also looking for someone to build a custom box for me for 2 10s. If you're good with fiberglass, Pm me. I've got money to play with. :)

:cool:

#64 ·
#66 ·
I'm putting them with the F4, it's 20w over but that shouldn't be too bad. 50w over I'd be worried. I've got a spare F4 that the birth certificate says 130w a channel RMS is what it tested at so I will be 50w over. I'm putting my tweeters in the sail area and have a set of 4" Boston coax's for the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#67 ·
50 over is fine if you set your crossovers right and don't have the gain slammed.

What is the mounting depth of those Boston coax's for the dash... or the hole in the dash? Because I could get away with a 3-way set up and with that I would be even less worried about the power!

#69 ·
These are a direct fit for our dash. Boston S35, a member here said they sounded great in the dash location.

Audio equipment Font

I got those from Crutchfield but don't see them listed now.

#71 ·
No I have not. I was told pro se's would not fit in the dash area?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.