Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Little audio system upgrade

14K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  2016 Grand Cherokee SRT 
#1 ·
:) Just putting the finishing touches on a decent audio upgrade. Starting with Audison bit one processor and Zapco 3.0, 4.0 and 9.0 amps. Then we did Focal K2P in the front doors (tweeter x 2) and Hertz Mille 165 in rear doors. Add in 2 Kicker L7, extra Kinetic battery, a ton of dynamat and pretty decent system. Here are a few pics, but the rear is still in trim out phase, and we are still making a beauty plate for the Bitone controller.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Subscribed for updates.

I'm seriously thinking of throwing a 15" L7 in mine. I need more bass than what the HK system usually puts out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#4 ·
Yup! IIRC they take 1000 watts RMS, 2000 watts peak. I'd probably look into having a fiberglass box made, something to look good.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#6 ·
Few more pics of 9500 install and Frankenmote. We actually took the guts from the oem Tip key fobik and incorporated it into the Viper remote with full functionality of both. Still need to fab a new back cover for the remote, so we just put some carbon wrap on it for now.

Attachments

#10 ·
Noticed you have the grill rings wrapped in carbon fiber. I did the same. The ci looks great integrated into the mirror.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#11 ·
I'll try to post some pics, but I would have to disassemble the panels. I had a local audio shop, swap out the HK 10" with a Kicker CompVT 10" and a 600watt JL v3 amp. The speaker was a perfect swap and the amp is hidden in the same quarter panel towards the back door. It is the perfect upgrade if you don't want to take up any space with a box. The sound is unbelievable.

#12 ·
This sounds interesting. I'd like to see the pics if you get around to it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

#15 ·
kodiakz, i am having the 9500 CI installed Friday. The integrated rear view mirror is wicked cool. that unit actually sits behind the mirror and is not cut out... correct?

#16 ·
Overall I like it except for cutting the bumper cover for the laser sensors. I have mine mounted behind my grill and have no issues with them working.

#18 ·
Thank you. Having been through several 9500 certified trainings in the last few years conducted by Passport engineers, I can tell you that anything blocking the laser shifters (blocking light flow) will result in diminished performance period. They may shift from a distance, but you will get stung if he hits you at closer range.

#22 ·
Lookin good looks like you know your stuff using the bit one and dynamat nice job dude!

Reactions: Jackbama
#26 ·
#28 ·
#29 ·
Very clean install..

#34 ·
Hot damn!!

#35 ·
For the Audison bit one did you get signal from factory amp? I did a system in mine and it seem that that when you disconnect speakers from factory amp the output shuts off. I had to use signal from rear outputs as I didn't replace rear speakers. It works but since the radio defaults to surround mode, sometimes the front stage sounds alittle off. If I put the radio in stereo mode sounds great but every time the ignition is turned off it goes back to surround mode. If I could lock the stereo in stereo mode it would solve the problem.

#40 ·
Here a question for you guys. I had a 2014 and the stereo system was kick ass. I just picked up my 2016 Night edition last week and the stereo sounds like shit.. Is it just me or did Chrysler detune the stereo in this things from what they were in 2014. I will say the my 2014 would shut off after playing for awhile and having the bass up. I was going to take it to the dealer but Chrysler ended up buying it back because it left me stranded 7 times. It just wouldn't start. The dealer actually figured it out but by then Chrysler agreed to by it back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.