Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Edmonton owners, where's everybody at??

12K views 71 replies 23 participants last post by  roadboy 
#1 ·
Just curious where all the Edmonton gcsrt8 owners are? I just picked up my 2010 gcsrt8 and would like to shoot the shit with other local owners, maybe setup a meet or something. I see other ones around all the time, but no ones posted on here for a while. Whats the deal?

#32 · (Edited)
So it looks like some of us are coming up north Aug 10
Will try to get Try to get Lafngas from redeer also
Would be nice to get a good turnup of Jeeps

#40 ·
Hey there. I am from the Slave Lake area, north of edmonton. I had a 2007 GCSRT8, and recently got rid of it. I loved the vehicle, but it was having some electrical problems, and was getting expensive to fix. I now own a 2012 Overland, and its not the same. I am in the process of buying 2012 SRT8 or ordering a 2013 SRT8, i really miss it. If anyones interested, i have some 22" wheels and tires, 5 of them, for sale, will let go for around $1500 OBO. Thought that i would throw it out there, since you guys are all so close, and I come to edm all the time. One day I will be back in a SRT8.....one day!

#47 ·
my lawnmower runs on pure clean 120volt power, gotta try to be as green as possible when owning one of these monsters.

i should be around for the track and if so i will be there indefinitely

i'll keep running the shell v power 91 as myself and others have noticed less knock when boosted and i plan to keep it that way

#64 ·
Where do you work at? I may have a small job for you, if you don't mind!

#50 ·
doing some work on mine and a couple other guys jeeps in house here and there, gonna be a good summer with all these jeeps modded and cruising.

we'll have to do more track days this summer, pending work and weather, i'll be there for every street legal

Reactions: Red
#52 ·
And every once in awhile the Calgary boys like to invade for street legal, now that we don't have a track

#53 ·
and red deer people tag along

#55 ·
occasional meets and we go to the track in the summer months

#59 ·
we usually post in here and give a decent heads up so people have a chance to make it out

#60 ·
Hey guys,

I've got an '07 GCSRT8. No upgrades yet though, planning on starting this spring. Would you guys allow a stocker to roll with you..? I see quite a few SRT8s rolling around EDM and would be interested in a meet or a cruise. Seen a really nice silver one leaving the WEM parking lot on Friday. It looked to be sitting lower than mine in the rear end, looked great.

#61 ·
Just keep an eye on the regional forum. Anybody welcome my friend. We will be happy to help you spend your money on mods. Lol. I would love to see a whole bunch of jeeps take over the track. There are literally endless combinations of builds here in Alberta to check out.

#62 ·
I was bone stock at the august castrol meet last year... this year is gonna be a whole different ball game. The ideas one gets after meeting with a bunch of other jeep nuts are almost overwhelming. Welcome to the addiction :)

#63 ·
Thanks guys! I'm hyped on this jeep, can't wait to start adding some mods. Have a few issues to address first though.

#65 ·
Exhaust question

Hey guys

I just picked up my second Jeep, i am looking at purchasing a few things for it.
- exhaust
- Tune/chip

i was wondering if Mopac would be my best bet for pricing in Edmonton????

Also i use to have a Jeep with the Borla S, i am looking at a Corsa system now. I was wondering if anyone is running the Corsa, id love to hear it in person.

Thanks

#66 · (Edited)
Also i use to have a Jeep with the Borla S, i am looking at a Corsa system now. I was wondering if anyone is running the Corsa, id love to hear it in person.
Hey, Krys. If you end up getting that Corsa system and want to sell your Borla S PM me, I would be interested.

EDIT: Spotted a black beast stopped at a light while turning off Manning Drive on the NE side. Gave you a thumbs up, this anyone on the forum?

#67 ·
Sorry bud. That was in my old jeep. I sold it a while ago.

#69 ·
Sad I missed this thread

Hey guys I am in Edmonton too, well St. Albert really. I've met Poutine on a Canadian Tire run lol but I too am in the area. Lots of blown guys I see, no one running a Vortech like me? I see turbo, Maggie and Tim has a Procharger set up, no one else is running a Vortech? I know Lefty does and he's from the area, not Edmonton but close I think anyway, he's always at Castrol.
Anyway nice to see there are lots in the area then. Hey guys wave once in a while, I always wave at other SRT's and usually get no response! lol cheers, I'll be at Castrol once in a while this summer....:D

#70 ·
Hey guys I am in Edmonton too, well St. Albert really. I've met Poutine on a Canadian Tire run lol but I too am in the area. Lots of blown guys I see, no one running a Vortech like me? I see turbo, Maggie and Tim has a Procharger set up, no one else is running a Vortech? I know Lefty does and he's from the area, not Edmonton but close I think anyway, he's always at Castrol.
Anyway nice to see there are lots in the area then. Hey guys wave once in a while, I always wave at other SRT's and usually get no response! lol cheers, I'll be at Castrol once in a while this summer....:D
I was supposed to have a Vortec kit by this spring but that may not work out now. :mad:.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.