Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Black cars, black cards, all black everything

6K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  mtlmuscle 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Well I think this is going to be post #2 after almost a year reading the board. I had dreamt about getting a jeep srt8 for a while and pulled the trigger after selling my old saleen. I hope the pics work.

The list is as follows:

• Colour matched all chrome trim
  • Matte black painted oem wheels
  • MHP billet flat black atenna
  • Whistler Headlights (Thx to DCSpecial)
  • 8000k HID low and fog lights + Stealth bulbs turning signals (eliminate the orange)
  • Debadged front and back
  • 35% tinted front windows, stock tint on others
  • srt8 billet engraved license plate frame
  • Superchips chip
  • Borla S Exhaust system, flat black tips
  • Carbon Fiber valve covers by carbn by design
  • Fenderwell intake (I believe it's by vibrant, came with the truck from previous owner)
  • Full front end repaint to repair chips, clear bra, general crappy state
  • Full detail by eurocar detailing here in Montreal, Quebec

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice jay-z Quote to go with the ride .

#6 ·
HOT!!!!!! post a picture of the flat black Bolra S please ... Also all that reading you did and still went with Jet Chip ???

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. The truck came with the chip. I'll get a picture of the black borla tips tonight. The tail lights are light tinted. There is a significant difference between them and the stock non tinted top brake light. I'm super happy with the truck. I'll definitely go pick up a tornado for the intake ;). I'll post up some pics of the engine bay as well.

#10 ·
Thx to everyone for the kind words. I'm super happy to finally be part of the community. It's taken alot of hard work, sacrifice and patience, but I've never enjoyed any car like I have like the truck. Everyone tried swaying me away from it due to the gas consumption etc, but man they were wrong. I've had fast cars, but it feels out of this world to be waiting at a light and see the guy inching forward thinking he's going to get you, and then mash it and look back and the guy's a half block back. I'm super stoked to be a jeep srt8 owner.

#12 ·
I've had fast cars, but it feels out of this world to be waiting at a light and see the guy inching forward thinking he's going to get you, and then mash it and look back and the guy's a half block back.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Gotta love it.

Plus I forgot to thank DCSpecial. He hooked me up whistler-style despite the many complications at the time with his painter. He's a great guy.
Agreed. Dan's a good guy.

#13 ·
Damn man that looks freaking BA! You have done some great work to your beast, and it has definitely paid off!

#18 ·
hotness!!!

Love the lights....thats next for me as well!!

are they satin/flat or a gloss black?

#22 ·
I love the flat black wheels, but i'm kind of biased. ;) I would love to see the black exhaust tips though.

#23 ·
The paint on your rig looks awesome! Very nicely done.:rocker:

#24 ·
Jeep is looking reaal good bro, veryy shiny :D

#26 ·
Here are a few pics (sorry they're with my iphone) of the front lights for all those who requested them. I've also put some pics of the black exhaust tips. There's one in there of the fuse covers I've carbon fiber vinyled and I'll have a pic of my carbon fiber valve covers by carbon by design shortly. Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I know historically no matter what car forum a new guy signs onto, he normally gets ragged on, lol.

#27 ·
The exhaust tips draw alot less atention then when they were chrome. The sound draws enough attention as it is with the Borla S. I'm going to have them powdercoated gunmetal next year. I think it'll break up the all black (even though I love it ;)) just a tad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.