Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Bestswat's 2016 Jeep SRT Night Edition

16K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  Bestswat 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, thought I'd create a journal so I can share my experiences with you guys. This is my 2016 Jeep SRT Night Edition, enjoy!

Performance
Stock

Exterior
  • Night Edition Package
  • Ceramic Pro 9H (5 Coats)
  • deAutoKey Reverse/Brake/Turn Signal LED

Interior
  • deAutoKey Complete Interior LED

Suspension
Stock

Wheel/Tires
  • Night Edition Stock Rims
  • Pirelli BSW 3-Season Tires 295/45ZR20

Timeline:

Wishlist:
  • Audio Designs Phantom Fit Subwoofer Enclosure
  • Alpine Type-R SWR-12D4 Subwoofer
  • Alpine MRX-M110 Amplifier
  • AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Intake
  • AFE Catback Exhaust
  • Mopar Lowering Springs

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank you. For now just feeling her out and breaking her in.

I did purchase some leds that will replace all the interior lights, reverse lights, and tail lights. As well as a license plate bracket for the front plate. Oh and next week I'll be getting the ceramic pro applied to her (5 coats). Oh and some carbon fiber license plate frames. Lol I think that is it for these first two weeks :wink2:

Love that color. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you sir!

#6 · (Edited)
Got around to installing the Led's from deautokey. Shipping and packaging was great, all the Leds are labeled too which is pretty neat and they ship you extra led's just incase. I purchased their complete LED Interior Kit (12-15) assuming it would be the same for the 2016, but the rear dome lights are different on the 16's. They look quite similar to the reading lights that are in the front dome lights now. Otherwise everything else fits and man they are bright! Installation was a breeze with the exception of the glove box light, man what a PITA. Half of the installation time was spent on that one alone.

I will update later with pictures of the brake and reverse, kind of hard to do that alone ha.

#10 ·
Thank you sir!

Truck looks amazzzing , love the color !

I need those Led's ! Are they bright , good quality , fit and finish? What was the cost if you don't mind ? Also is deautokey a vendor or a member thxx for infoo!

Neil

They are super bright! Quality, fit, and finish are on point.

They are a company, you can find everything you need to know here.
http://deautokey.com/products?search=Jeep&search-submit=

Looks great! Is it just the lightning or were the seats changed on the '16s? Looks like all leather where we have cloth inserts

The seats are only available on the night edition as of now, they come included with the night package. Its the same laguna leather just in black.

#24 ·
Got around to installing my Sto N Sho license plate relocator. It's well built and has a very simple and unique way of removing your plate if need be. Overall I am satisfied with it. Installation took about 35 minutes.

Here are some pics.

This is the pin you pull to remove the plate.

Time to get dirty

In addition to the two 10mm bolts I added some 3m heavy duty (20lb) double sided tape.

Here is it installed

#28 ·
Thank you! Im happy with the way it came out. Automatic headlights work fine. Have yet to see the rain sensors be affected by it (has not rain yet since the install) but will update as soon as it does.

Awesome looking SRT Swat! One question.....did you install the leds yourself or did you have the dealer do it for you? Thanks in advance

Thank you sir! No I did it myself, it's a simple DIY, anyone can do it.

#32 ·
Not too much going on lately in regards to the jeep but went on vacation to Costa Rica with my now fiance and proposed to her. I did however happen to purchase a used set of Mopar lowering springs which she doesn't need to know about >:). Just need a good shop to install them for me somewhere here in NYC.

And here is a pic just because

#39 · (Edited)
Pretty exciting day today. Finally got to installed the AFE Catback exhaust. Originally planned on doing it myself but after attempting to remove the rear bushings for about half an hour I decided to call it quits. There is just not enough ground clearance to fully extend and exercise full force. Was planning on 2-3 hours of work and sure enough it looked like I was going to spend the whole day there, time which I don't have anymore. So I just took it to a shop to have it installed along with some dyno pulls before and after.

Some pictures below. Packaging was great and hardware was good too. Exhaust has some nice welds, the fitment was spot on as far as installation is concerned. The stock tips have to be transferred over to the AFE exhaust as it has no tips. We only had to play around with the tips for 5 mins or so to get them to line up evenly and they sit flush with the bumper.

Looks exactly like stock! Fitment is spot on.

Pictures of the stock exhaust, thing has to weigh a good 40-50 lbs more than the AFE. One of the more intriguing stock exhaust I have seen, only the driver side muffler is detachable and the passenger is welded on.

There is also this restriction in the exhaust right next to the coffin like resonator. The techs at the shop were saying it was made like that to limit exhaust flow because that side of the motor might make more power than the other side.

Here are some videos of the dyno pull, this one is with the stock exhaust

This one is with the AFE Exhaust installed.

Here is the dyno graph. There is a power increase throughout the whole power band. Showing some decent gains between 5000-5400 rpms. Believe it or not the jeep made less power immediately after the install. Once we revved it a little throughout the gears and the rpms so that the ECU can adjust for the changes it then actually made power. That was on the second run after the installation. It should squeeze out a few more ponies once the ECU is fully calibrated. Even more with tuning.

I will update this post later in regards to the sound since it's only been a few hours. But so far so good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.