Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Back with another WK1

8K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  pjsmokin 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, after having a WK1 for 6 months last year I decided to sell and buy a TL. I am not a huge go fast guy, but having two little kids the SRT checks a lot of boxes. So, after a year of my wife telling me that the TL was too low I decided to trade a friend for his WK1.

Here is a pic of my WK1 and TL that I traded off.

I have started with some general maintenance, like putting the correct O2 sensors (SMH), fluids, and a tune from Johan. This 06 I got with 64k and it has some nice extras: Kooks longtubes (w/cat delete), Corsa exhaust, Arrington intake, Eibachs, HID headlights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs, LED tails, painted trim, Pioneer deck with NAV, Lloyds mats, catch can, lime green brakes, etc.

The first cosmetic mod I did was buy some new headlights, crack them open and paint the housings. It always makes a big difference IMO.

I yanked the Mopar wind deflector off and I am having the holes welded up as well as the rear wiper shaved next week.

Also, like many other WK1s the front mounting lip was broken and someone got the bright idea of cutting it off completely. So, I sourced another WK1 bumper and it will be painted with the hatch.

The paint was in pretty rough shape, but I do enjoy detailing. I performed a 2/3 step paint correction with Meguiars M101, M205 on a cutting pad, and HD Speed to finish. I will probably stick with this through winter.

Before:

After:

[/URL][/IMG]

Before:

After:

50/50 of the cut:

A couple after I was finished:

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome back! Looks good!

#3 ·
Looks great.

That stance on your first WK1 looked great, but I'm sure the ride quality was horrible.

#4 ·
You hit the nail on the head. It looked awesome, but rode like a tank. I had the first version of the BC coils. I sent BC plenty of nastygrams about them having the spring rates and dampers wayyyyy off in comparison to how all of their other products ride. By the time the revised version came out the Jeep was gone. Any word on if the new ones are less harsh? I plan to put coils on this one too if it doesn't kill how it rides.

#5 ·
No clue on coilovers. I had Eibachs on my old WK1.

#8 ·
Huge congrats man and Welcome back....Rig looks great!

#14 ·
Nice Jeep! I have been toying with the idea of getting another one myself.

#20 ·
Wish I had the time and knowledge to detail my rig like that, I remember your first blue SRT8 and it looked awesome, congrats, you've made the right decision, couple weeks ago I drove 3 hours to up state New York, and didn't see one Jeep SRT8 on the road, these rigs are unique!

Reactions: Passmg2
#21 ·
There should be a thread counting the number of people who sell then end up coming right back :D It seems inevitable.

Great work btw and welcome back! Jeep looks great.

#22 ·
ep3minivan's original Steel Blue rig is one of the best looking Jeep SRT8s I've seen (in pictures of course). It's like the perfect driver combo. If I ever get another one or sell my silver Jeep, I would head that direction for sure. All of your rides seem to be in immaculate condition!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.