Is it the rear end or tranny? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Senior Contributing Member
 
hotrodcalvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Paducah, KY
Posts: 907
Thanks: 432
Thanked 156 Times in 132 Posts
Does it do it at any certain time? Our trucks evidently do a self-check on the tranny after startup, been verified by SRT engineers, you will feel a clunk usually upon your 1st or 2nd round of accelerating. Check this:

transmission "clunk" 2007 jeep srt8

Colby

The "Silver Bullet" ---- 2006 Jeep SRT8 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
hotrodcalvert is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotrodcalvert For This Useful Post:
jumpback (11-18-2012), SRTravis (11-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Major Contributing Member
 
jumpback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,849
Thanks: 483
Thanked 176 Times in 167 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodcalvert View Post
Does it do it at any certain time? Our trucks evidently do a self-check on the tranny after startup, been verified by SRT engineers, you will feel a clunk usually upon your 1st or 2nd round of accelerating. Check this:

transmission "clunk" 2007 jeep srt8
Thanks, it does it when i jump on it then slow down quickly?
I read the old post and it just might be possible that this is whats happening?
Thanks again

~Jeep SRT8~

Last edited by jumpback; 11-18-2012 at 03:25 PM.
jumpback is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Senior Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 854
Thanks: 3
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
i get a clunking sound when going from reverse to drive and vice versa. i know there is a tsb out about this for the lx srt8s, but i dont think it applies to the cherokee. they suggest putting loctite on the bolt threads, i have tried this and have had my rear driveshaft replaced. wasnt too bad but now the sound has returned worse. im starting to think valve body? ill have to post a video up. it also clunks at certain times when i hit the gas, like if im slowing down and i tap the gas, it clunks.
2quic4u is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to 2quic4u For This Useful Post:
jumpback (11-19-2012)
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Major Contributing Member
 
jumpback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,849
Thanks: 483
Thanked 176 Times in 167 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2quic4u View Post
i get a clunking sound when going from reverse to drive and vice versa. i know there is a tsb out about this for the lx srt8s, but i dont think it applies to the cherokee. they suggest putting loctite on the bolt threads, i have tried this and have had my rear driveshaft replaced. wasnt too bad but now the sound has returned worse. im starting to think valve body? ill have to post a video up. it also clunks at certain times when i hit the gas, like if im slowing down and i tap the gas, it clunks.
Yeah that is what im up against, it would be helpful to see a vid on what you are talking about?
Thanks
jumpback is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Senior Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 854
Thanks: 3
Thanked 43 Times in 39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpback View Post
Yeah that is what im up against, it would be helpful to see a vid on what you are talking about?
Thanks
http://s1210.beta.photobucket.com/us...71347.mp4.html

Last edited by 2quic4u; 11-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.
2quic4u is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To anyone with a SHR tranny... RadarJAMMER WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion 6 12-20-2010 02:15 PM
anyone know tranny gear ratios? rear? retro-king WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion 4 10-18-2010 08:50 PM
tranny lag dannyslu2 WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service 1 09-21-2007 07:35 PM
tranny ? Thumpn WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 9 08-15-2007 03:49 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome