Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

TCM problem perhaps?

8K views 36 replies 7 participants last post by  Dave_MacKinnon 
#1 ·
Thought I had given up on this issue, until it decided to rear its ugly face again today............I recently had my ESM module and shifter assembly replaced due to the fact that my truck had been shifting too soon to the next gear and falling on its face with the shifts, which Im not used to, being that I have Johan's tune and it keeps the shifts very firm and hard (which I like)...........dealer ran the codes and that part popped up faulty, so I replaced it to no avail - full cost out of pocket, no warranty:(................well today, as I was merging onto the interstate, I got caught behind a slow accelerating dumptruck, once the pass lane opened up, i was around 60mph at the time, I didnt punch it, but gave it enough throttle to kick down to pass the truck, and it absolutely WOULD NOT accelerate or increase RPM one bit for approximately 5-10secs, which surprised the hell out of me of course and caught me off guard, it held at the speed and RPM I was at instead, so I completely backed out of the throttle, I was kinda scared to get back into it, but I did and it picked right back up. Took it immediately to the dealer and of course, with my luck, they didnt read one single code. So now that I have replaced the ESM module, and the dealer is reading absolutely no codes, where do I go from here? I spoke with Bill about possible TCM issues and potentially replacing that, but dont wanna replace another part that isnt broken like the dealer screwed me over with that ESM module install. Just a confused and concerned Jeep owner with no idea where to go next.

See less See more
#37 ·
Ok, gave her a cleanup tonight.. Took about 20 minutes...

Definitely some contamination between the slider traces.. I'd say that is likely the problem.. If it happens again, I have a glass fiber brush/eraser at work for prepping circuit board traces for soldering. I'll be making some more aggressive cleaning in between..

Has anyone mentioned that designs with moving parts are destined to fail?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.