Jeep won't start after Maggie install - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Thanked 1,781 Times in 1,141 Posts
Jeep won't start after Maggie install

I've gone through multiple tunes thus far. I got it to start and run once, which you guys saw on the YouTube link. I only started it that one time. I let it sit for a few days and came back to start it tonight.

It took a few times to start, but it did. It started really rough. Idled really low and had some thick white smoke coming from the exhaust. It wants to start, but just won't turn over.

I've done nothing different other than install this thing per directions.

Tim has been helping me along the way, but I'm always out for more opinions.

Johan, has been doing the tuning. I can't get a hold of Joel. He has revised the tune a bunch of times. The strong smell of gas is definitely there. No funky sounds at all when it did run, even when it barely idled i didn't hear anything.

Maggie
80lb injectors
PWR 224 cam
Stock TB
2bar map
3.0 pulley
Stock fuel pump

I'm going to try another battery tomorrow.

Maggie w/ 2.9 Pulley and 80lb injectors.
Kooks Headers
B&B Exhaust
PWR 224 Cam
Ported Heads
Meth Injection
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,202 Posts
Garage
Was your dash lit up? Just wondering if you accidentally chose the wrong original it is paired with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HEMI TME likes this.

Procharger F1a, Paramount Conquerer, Wavetrac, LED's, rear fogs activated, bwoody links, Borla S, Tooned, R1 cross drilled, slotted and cryo treated stoptechs and lowered on Eibachs sitting on FR 22"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New block waiting for some love

post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Only time it went crazy is when I tried to do some logging. As soon as I pressed ok on the Trinity, the Jeep went nuts.

It started the first time I loaded the revised tune he sent me. The first tune wouldn't turn it over.

It smells like gas in my garage now, so I will be removing some spark plugs, per Tims advice.

Last edited by PITTZ; 02-10-2017 at 05:33 PM.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Going to pick up a fuel pressure tester tomorrow.

I honestly would love to just deal with Joel.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Sorry,
i meant since you have been loading different tunes. For instance you get it by email, then save it to your "tunes" file on your computer. When you want to upload it to your programmer it asks you for the base file that is paired with it or something like that. If you accidentally choose the wrong file and load it up in your rig, it will go crazy and run like a piece of shit or not run at all. Smoke like crazy and act f'd up.

HEMI TME and Mohpar like this.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

I chose the original back up file. I have two folders saved onto my desktop, NA and Boost.

The crazy part is that it fired right up when he sent me the revised tune, but the second time I tried to start it, idled super low and blew white smoke that wreaks of gas.

I am going to let it air out. No crazy noises. Every time I load a tune, I put the original back on the Jeep and start over.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
What type of injectors / brand?

post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

Bosch/SIEMens 80lb

Last edited by PITTZ; 02-10-2017 at 05:52 PM.
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Jeep won't start after Maggie install

Did you buy them new? If not maybe cross reference the part # to double check because scaling could be way off. Long shot but it's all I can think of at the moment. It is really odd that it started fine and then acted totally different a second time without anything changing. I am sure you tried reloading the tune.

I only suggested the tune pairing thing is because I have done it before. I think it asks you something like browse for the base file or use this "suggested" file. I picked use the suggested and that was a mistake. I loaded it up and it ran like shit and smoked bad.

Last edited by Jfra; 02-10-2017 at 06:00 PM.
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Contributing Member

I bought them from Justin Devroy. He's a good guy and takes care of his stuff. He ran them on his procharged Jeep. He now runs id1000 injectors.

I did try and reload the tune that started it. I now think that it's flooded. I am going to let it air out. I might even go get another battery to rule that out. I can hear it chugging and trying to start.

I honestly think it just has way too much fuel and can not spark it. That's why I need JOEL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode