Just bought 06 srt jeep with limp mode - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jondoee619

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Just bought 06 srt jeep with limp mode

Hey guys I just bought an srt jeep 2006. It has the limp mode and cel, it drove good for a couple min the all the gears were selected and wouldn't let me rev over 3k rpm and won't go over 30 mph I pulled out esm cleaned it and it drove for about an hour no problems but then came back all gears selected and limp mode any one help please ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 AM

What did you find was the problem ?

2004 Black Cobra Built- Show Car 13K miles
2004 Redfire Cobra D/D On Nice Days 24K miles
1993 Mustang Notchback 5.0 Almost Done!
2007 Rock Red Jeep SRT8 49K miles
2009 Hummer H3T Alpha 5.3 D/D
2001 Camaro SS Real Fast Drag Car Built! Sold
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:24 AM
BJB
"guy with the crazy Jeep"

Thanked 1,651 Times in 920 Posts
Sounds like it's a TCM problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As for tuning there is only really one qualified tuner and he comes from Jersey....

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Guys all fixed I just pressure washed the engine and the problem never returned lol the guy I bought it from had left it in the paint shop for a couple months it had no hood and was really dirty in the engine bay he was too lazy to try and find the problem I just washed engine and it hasn't came back since it's been like 2/3 weeks daily driving
Jfra likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:41 AM
BJB
"guy with the crazy Jeep"

Thanked 1,651 Times in 920 Posts
Typically a boxed PRNDL doesn't come from dust...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

I know I had read a bunch of threads and they said it was the ecm I took that out cleaned it drove for 10 min and back to boxed and limp cleaned it good drove the same and came back the only thing I did after that was pressure wash the whole engine bay and by electronics and when I say it was dirty I mean ridiculous like it wasn't dust lol it was sitting at the paint shop for 6 months with no hood it looked like it came back from a junkyard and I read one feed that said dirty connectors could give you the boxed thing I drove to the wash in limp boxed washed the engine bay really good for about 15-20 min and as soon as I started the car it came off and hasn't came back since I'm so glad I didn't buy the tcm and pcm and ecm before haha
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

This is the hole guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1189.JPG (1.52 MB, 26 views)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

It might come back, if it does it could be the sensor plate board in the trans. Sometimes they leak. Easy fix.

All Motor......... Just old fashion CI .. Nothing to see here... Just drive by..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode