Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Hid Kit Problems

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  HOJeepster 
#1 ·
I bought some hid kits (ultra slim hid lighting kit, bulb size 9006, color 10000k) for a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee and the kits are ok and they cut on when the truck is turned off but they wont come on while the truck is running. I installed it like the instructions showed but no lights,so can you please send me some better detailed instructions or information on what the problem maybe

#6 ·
my problem is that my lows sometimes flicker... and then sometimes don't. i am using the relays that came with my HID kits from xenon depot. i'm not an electrical genius but assume there is a weak connection at the relay. anyone else out there experience the same problem?

#7 ·
Hey i was just wondering exactly how the relay switch works in the sense that can u use it with any HID kit or does it have to be a specific one. i currently purchased a kit 9006 bulb, 6000k for the headlights of my 2007 cherokee and they flicker when the car is on and are fine when it is off. if this wire is what i need then i am curious as to how i would go about purchasing two of them one for each side. this is something i would like to do very soon so your time is appreciated greatly

#13 ·
So I finally installed the harness, lights work, but I noticed the following that I want to stop:

1. The lights remain on after the engine has turned off for about 45 sec
2. The lights turn on when I unlock the vehicle, even though under the menu option I've selected no lights to flash when unlocked.

Not sure why these lights are such a pita.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.