Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

WTF... so many problems with my new SRT 8 GC

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  jlandbl 
#1 ·
I found all the service bulletins and have an appointment this friday to get all fixed. So far I have the water leak in the headliner/center console, Large Trans. Leak, rear squeak, Driver window binding auto up faiure and the brake squeeeeeeeel. I love my ride but so many problems for a new vehicle!!!! Can anyone think of anything I might have missed?
:disgust:

#3 ·
I noticed the orange peel, Most of the American cars have it becuase we don't beieve in wet sanding at the factory. I am about to put my car in my body shop to get it we sanded and buffed. It would be so worth it, 500 bucks...

#4 ·
The only one I haven't heard of is the water leak. The others are easily fixed and if you did your research before you bought you would have known about these issues they have been posted on here for years.

#5 ·
Heh, mine so far is:

-Burning a quart of oil every 600 miles (runs like a champ though)
-Tranny leak (fixed)
-Creeking in the rear of the vehicle (not fixed)
-Drivetrain howl (considering it normal)
-The G40 recall was performed
-Both driver and passenger auto up wigged out (fixed with new actuator motors)
-Liftgate sensor thinks it's open when it's close (parts on back order to fix)
-Brake TSB performed twice so far, and the 3rd set of pads are starting to squeel too
-4wd service light blinks on from time to time (can't reproduce consistantly)
-slight water leak from the liftgate window if drive for hours in wet conditions. (not fixed yet)

I am not too impressed with the build quality of this jeep, my last jeep was just as bad, but my 98 and 03 dodge rams where built like champs compared to this vehicle. Course this vehicle is 100 times more fun to drive then all my other vehicles so I'll put up with the problems to keep the grin on my face as I blast around town. ;)

#7 ·
ive had mine for about 2 months and almost 4,000 miles and the only thing mine does is make some wierd transfer case noise that apparently the liberties do as well. (its "normal")

i dont even have the brake squeal. (yet)

#9 ·
Those window auto actuators suck. The dealer still hasn't replaced my passenger side one and I have complained about it like 2-3 times now. They say they can't find anything wrong. Hmmmm because I just LOVE bringing my Jeep into the dealer 24/7 and that is why I fabricate these issues right?!

#12 ·
And your point being???? These are SRT vehicles which were built to drive the hell out of every day all day long and thats why we bought them so if your emplying that the issues are from driver abuse do a search and see that about 80% of the Jeep owners have had these issue 10% it will happen to any day and the other 10% are just lucky or in denial. The tranny O-ring Jeep knew about and that is why the 08's have the replacement part that us 06/07 owners had to go in to replace. The window actuator was probably another issue Jeep is aware of but are slow to accept they have a bad part in the window. Brakes, dont even get me started they stop great but the squeel is horrible. Transfer cases have been taken to the dealer drained by a cert. SRT tech and found to be very low, some a full QT.:flame: The orange peel is bad, really bad and kinda sad considering its their SRT lineup, my dodge ram had a better paint job and the one on my Porsche Cayenne laughs at my Jeeps paint job. Lets not forget the tires that wear out too soon on the inside, the mysterious squeeking from the rear and the fact ALOT of unburnt oil is going thru your intake. It just seems like they put a badass engine in the jeep and figured that was good enough and shortcut everything else, heck my hood is still out of line and there were several 08 owner who had to pull over and tighten them down after leaving the dealership

#13 ·
Damn. You guys are really making me reconsider getting the 09 steel blue. Maybe they will have fixed the problems but still.....

I have been dead set on it (if they ever made a replacement, which they did) after I got rid of my 5.9 in 99.... and now that my time is right around the corner, I am getting cold feet

#15 ·
Mine are still on with 10,000 miles I think there were issues with the 06 guys (check for a detailed post from Mr.Hemi) the inside outer wall of the tires were wearing BAD and in a place most of us would never see, I think and I say THINK the runflats that are on there now are better, most are switching to Toyo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.