Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

From BMW to SRT8...

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jfra 
#1 ·
Ok, I don't have the SRT Jeep yet but am looking very intently. Normally about spring time is when I think I need to trade my car in. This could be my 4th summer in a row with a different ride. I currently have a 2013 BMW 335i M Sport loaded. It's a fantastic car but I am not a huge fan of turbo chargers. Since it is already 2017 I was starting the conversation with my wife of stepping back to the last V8 M3 Sedan and owning it for a very very long time. My 335i is low mileage and has another year of the BMW care package and if I kept it I was going to put the DINAN package on it at the end of the warranty...

But lately I have been getting annoyed with the limited space in the 3. My kids are 7 and 8 and I can't really fit one of their friends in the car. I have to take my driver out of my bag when I go golfing because it does not fit the trunk. I have always like the SRT8 Jeep and it was my favorite ride at the SRT8 experience - except when I got to ride with the pro in the ACR Viper. To me this seems like a fairly logical choice because right now we only need 2 cars and it should last a long time, my good friend owns the local jeep dealer and I can add a 3rd car to the stable in a couple of years in a 69 Camaro or Porsche.

For a long time, Ive been loyal to BMW but their recent styling has gotten on my nerves. I don't buy new cars for myself because I know I might not keep them so I am looking at either a 2012, 2013 or 2014 SRT Jeep. The only main differences that I think that I am aware of is the 8 speed trans and launch control. Any other opinions on the difference in these 3 years? Thanks and sorry for the long winded intro - I figured an accurate background would be helpful.

See less See more
#3 ·
A lot of people like the 8spd trans. I would also go with a 14 up if you plan to keep it stock for a bit until they figure out trans tuning and there are other offerings for built trans if you go modbug on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.