Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

New member from Illinois

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Jc838 
#1 ·
Hey everyone my names Jose 25 years old and I purchased my 2006 jeep SRT8 in January from Minnesota. I've always wanted a jeep and finally this year was able to complete one of my life goals because it was deff my dream truck. It does have high mileage but I got it for a good price and body is clean for the 160k. Ive always wanted one from the beginning but always was something way out of my budget and I could only dream with that price tag and gas guzzler. I have always liked jeeps and this is my third jeep but my first srt8. Recently just found out about this forum and decided to give a try since there is a lot of good info on here and great ideas on people's projects. Hopefully get to get to make new friends here and be able to talk about our jeeps and our upcoming projects. So far what I have done to the jeep is all regular maintenance and brakes. Just recently bought Bc coilovers and did a bit of a drop front and back. Although haven't been very lucky have some issues going on too. Recently Misfire and coolant leak coming from the head gasket I believe and also got a clunck noise coming from the back wheels when driving and releasing the gas peddle. I'm thinking maybe the transfer case. Hopefully I can get some help again much appreciated guys.

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome and congrats!!
1 - Coolant Leak could be from your water neck or if you have the stock rad hose
2- misfire could be your plugs or coil pack. You could move the coil pack and see if the misfire follows. Pull the plug and check how it looks and check the gap.
3 - clunk could be transfer case or torque converter. There were some TSB's on the torque converter so check out wkjeeps.com. They have all the TSB's listed. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jc838
#11 · (Edited)
There's a lot of help with rig around here. I'd PM Jeremy Satara at Underground, he's in schaumburg. There's also AD motorsports in Huntley.
For the most part Jframan probably has it right ON. Except I think your clunk is your rear end and, just change the fluid and retorque main caps to spec.
I had a high mileage jeep and the rear end did same clunk upon decel. With stock HP, it can probably live out its life like that too.

The jeep look showroom new! Congrats

#12 ·
Hemi time thanks a lot brother will deff contact him and see if he can give me some info or maybe take it down there. I recently joined team SRT a Chicago chapter one of the guys in my town got the okay for it and he seems to know him pretty good so I'll deff look into it thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.