Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Looking for vent gauge pod.

4K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  kevink27 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I have 2008 Jeep SRT8 that's about to get a D1 Procharger installed.
I'd like to add a boost/vacuum gauge but am not too interested in messing with the A pillar pods as I only want to install one gauge and I haven't found any that really match the interior well.
They are either a bad color and/or they don't have the handle per factory.

What I'm really wanting to do is install the gauge in the left driver's side air vent (by the door). I have searched high and low for a vent gauge pod for the Jeep but have not found one.
Does anyone know if these exist? I have found them for the Chargers and Challengers but not the Jeeps.

p.s. I don't want a dash cluster pod, steering column pod, overhead sunglasses holder pod, or single bolt on pod. They absolutely all don't look stock and I don't want to mess with the headliner.
I wouldn't mind a single A pillar pod if I could leave the stock A pillar in place and just click nicely over the top. I could carbon fiber over it if needed.

Thanks.

See less See more
#5 ·
So far I haven't found anything. The Charger and Challenger vent pods are a little different shape and size.
I've been searching for weeks and haven't found anything for the vent and very little in the way of even the A pillar for a single gauge.

Skip (at Demon Performance) did have a bolt on single gauge holder (not a pod style) a few years ago but I didn't see a brand or model number for it.
It is unbelievable to me that almost all makes and models of other vehicles have all kinds of options and the Jeep SRT8 as very little at all.

If you find something please let me know.

#7 ·
Have you thought about using the trinity for your gauges? I am not a huge fan of gauges either, so I am using the trinity for my wideband and boost. That way I can just tuck it away and everything looks stock.
My problem is finding a spot for the boost controller once I get one..... that might get tucked in the glove box.

#8 ·
Why not remove the vent and begin to take out material a little at a time? With my sun glass set up, it is just a hole within the material. It seems they made it so it barley slides in.

#9 ·
2quic4u - I have seen that in the threads but after following a bunch of the threads it didn't seem as if anyone actually made that and sold it except for the mock up in the picture.
Do you know someone who is selling that? Where can I get it?

frosty - I debated getting the Trinity but...that's just more money, quite a bit actually. I already have the inTune so I would need to get rid of that as well.
The nice thing about the Trinity is it reads the computer so I don't have a lot of wires, hoses to splice in but it's just one more thing to purchase.

Hey - on a different note - the D1 Procharger I ordered just arrived today! Can't wait to get this thing installed and tuned.

#10 ·
Make your own. A pc of grey 24 gauge metal cut to fit and drill out for the gauge and done.

#12 ·

Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mohpar
#16 · (Edited)
So you can try to look it up but I know I saw a minature boost Guage by dynotune that is the size of a key. You could mount it on the back side of your sun visor, or in your glove box and pull it out when you need it. If you have a procharger you don't really need to worry about overboosting or even looking at it full time. But just a thought it might be what your looking for.

Attachments

#20 ·
Thanks Mondo, great idea.

#23 ·
Hey, does anyone know the color of the wire I tap into for the A pillar gauges so they light up?
I want them to come on when I turn on my dash/parking lights.[/

I'll look when I get home for you.

#24 · (Edited)
Are you only installing a boost gauge and not afr? I would recommend both being boosted

Edit: Unless you plan on monitoring through Trinity or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.