Thermostat part number - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Elite Contributing Member

Thermostat part number

I have heard so many different opinions on thermos. What is the part number your guys use for the 180, what is the part for the 195. thanks, I just needed a definitive answer since I have the day off and would like to pop it in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Major Contributing Member

Re: Thermostat part number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable
I have heard so many different opinions on thermos. What is the part number your guys use for the 180, what is the part for the 195. thanks, I just needed a definitive answer since I have the day off and would like to pop it in
Not sure on the 180. I went with the Stant 195 balanced sleeve. Got it from Pep Boys...Not cheap, was 20 something bucks. Works well, dropped temp 12-15 degrees overall on most driving conditions. Make sure you get the o' ring gasket correctly fitted on lip. Part # is 14429.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 01:41 PM

Re: Thermostat part number

180 degree
NAPA #532080
Stant #45478

192-195 degree
NAPA #532090
Stant #???

These will work. But,they are not the by-pass type t-stat.

A better fit is the napa# 154 It is a 1990 mazda mpv with the 3.0L V-6
this is still not a perfect fit. It's a 64mm not a 63mm. I had to do a little file'n and had to cut 2 coils off the by-pass spring to match the stock hemi spring pressure. It's 180* stat. and has the big flow opening.

My 203* (stock) stat is back in

The first tank of gas I did not notice mpg loss. By the 2nd and 3rd tank mpg's were bad.

I have a 5.7 ram not a 6.1 You might be ok or not, just beware. If I bought a chip to tell the ecm that 180* was full op temp it would(should)work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode