Upgrades - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Upgrades

Hello... I am new to this forum, but have had my Jeep SRT8 for over a year now. I have been spending too much time upgrading my other cars, I haven't made it to this one yet. What would you recommend upgrading first? I was thinking intake, exhaust and maybe CPU, which I assume is what most people do first (I know I have in the past). What are your recommendations for the best combo? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:52 PM
ge2
Major Contributing Member

The performance guys will be along shortly to offer their nuggets.

Welcome aboard.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2
The performance guys will be along shortly to offer their nuggets.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks!! I use a forum similiar to this for my Porsche info, and they are always very helpful!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Major Contributing Member

Welcome!

From what I read I would upgrade the Intake, Exhaust and do a lower degree thermostat (little, but SERIOUS mod for these Jeeps). As far as a CPU, hold off on that one... there might be some ground braking news coming along shortly!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Welcome!! Headers are a good power mod, 180 t-stat, intake, exhaust, B&G stage 2 flash. It all depends on what kind of paper you want to spend!!

DR Heads-Comp 268 Cam, Zex kit w/plate, Kooks LT's Hi-Flows
Mopar Cat-Back, BWoody CAI, B&G 2/Predator, Spacers, 180 T-Stat, Iridium Plugs,Tinted Tails, Color Matched Brembos and mouldings, 8000k Headlights-Fogs, Toyos, Fan mod, TC and RWD mod, pistol grip shifter--SOLD
FBO 335i 400+whp-SOLD
2010 Ram CC--Daily Driver, patiently awaiting 2nd Gen Jeep SRT8!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

176-180 T-stat (Autozone, Valucraft 383-170 (4127) or 383-180 (4128) and the snorkel mod (search feature) should be the first things you do. After the B&G stage II PCM reflash seems to be next on the bang for the buck list, followed by headers (catted or catless) and catback.
A converter is another great mod, but it may actually hurt you at the strip until we get the rear limited slip issue figured out.
You can always go H/C but until we have the ability to actually tune, you may not see their full potential.
A K&N drop in filter with stock inlet seems to be just as affective as a CAI at this point, however, runnin9s and generalconfusion may be debuting with a functional and beautiful carbon fiber CAI that completely seals the filter in the airbox and relocates the IAT. Wait for it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.... What seems to be the best place to order these mods from (service/price)? I will probably do intake and exhaust now, and hold off on the headers and CPU until I get more info... From reading various threads, Borla seems to be a good choice for exhaust (I had Borla put on my 2000 and 2001 vipers with good results - loved the sound), but I am still unsure on the intake. I didn't have as many options when upgrading the vipers, and the Porsche it totally different... Recommendations? It seems that Volant is the one a lot of people are going with... Thanks again!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotStroke?
176-180 T-stat (Autozone, Valucraft 383-170 (4127) or 383-180 (4128) and the snorkel mod (search feature) should be the first things you do. After the B&G stage II PCM reflash seems to be next on the bang for the buck list, followed by headers (catted or catless) and catback.
A converter is another great mod, but it may actually hurt you at the strip until we get the rear limited slip issue figured out.
You can always go H/C but until we have the ability to actually tune, you may not see their full potential.
A K&N drop in filter with stock inlet seems to be just as affective as a CAI at this point, however, runnin9s and generalconfusion may be debuting with a functional and beautiful carbon fiber CAI that completely seals the filter in the airbox and relocates the IAT. Wait for it.

Thanks - Good info!!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:14 PM

I went with Volant CAI and Magnaflow CATBACK. love the just louder than stock sound.

b
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned

how do i do a 180 thermo mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode