Nitrous Express? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Contributing Member

Nitrous Express?

Looking to get a Nitrous Express set up for the Jeep. They seem to put together a quality kit. Full throttle TPS switch, fuel pressure sensors, etc. Anyone have this kit installed? Opinion's? Probably only going to run a 50 or maybe a 75hp shot.

2013 Jeep SRT8
Alpine Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 10:14 AM

i am not sure if anyone has the NE kit. But its all about safety w/ nitrous. (i dont have it yet, but i will, and I have done lotsa research). I think any of the big companies kits will do the trick, and they all have similar features and add ons. Make sure you get a wet kit, and you might as well get 1 step colder plugs and do a 100 shot. Youll end up doing it later anyway. Bevsjeep runs the Zex kit and likes it alot, and the Cobra guy has a peiced together kit that seemed pretty good (although his initial install was not clean and everyone flamed him) it f-ing worked though. Anyway, point is, I am sure the NE kit will work great. Just go for the 100 shot though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 10:37 AM

I run a NOS kit that so cleanly installed you can not see it. I would agree with go rilla do the wet and a 100 shot. Last night I ran a 90-100 shot out here in CA at a track that is at 600ft above sea level and a DA about 1500ft and ran 7.74 1/8 with a 60ft of 1.68. my second run I changed jets to 115-120 and ran 7.66 with a 1.63 60ft. These kits can work great and safe if properly installed, and you will have fun.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:00 PM

I would love to see pics of your install and setup if possible, i really want to have a nice clean stealth install.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 01:03 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go~RillaWRX
I would love to see pics of your install and setup if possible, i really want to have a nice clean stealth install.

Please post pics.

2007 Silver GC SRT8 Nav, DVD---Corsa cat-back, Jet stat, BWoody CAI, Johan tune, BWoody links, R1 rotors w/zech pads, Eibachs, STII's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
2003 Cobra 460rwhp/470 rwtq
2013 Ford Raptor
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

I am looking to pay Tbryne motor sports for the install. I really want the ultimate stealth look. I want to be able to bring it to the dealer for oil changes and not have them notice. And yes I am more than willing to pay them for the time this will take. Going to talk to them next week. As for the kit it will definitely be a wet kit but I am really going to hold myself to a 50 shot. Reading up on the Nitrous Express kit they seem to have all the right parts to make it work flawlessly.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
I am looking to pay Tbryne motor sports for the install. I really want the ultimate stealth look. I want to be able to bring it to the dealer for oil changes and not have them notice. And yes I am more than willing to pay them for the time this will take. Going to talk to them next week. As for the kit it will definitely be a wet kit but I am really going to hold myself to a 50 shot. Reading up on the Nitrous Express kit they seem to have all the right parts to make it work flawlessly.
Take it to the dealer and not have them notice? lol...I dont care how stealth they install it, there's no way the dealer will miss that unless it's the janitor doing the oil change...and even then I think he'll catch it.
Don't push it when it comes to the dealer because they tend to go over these trucks w a fine tooth comb...they know enthusiasts buy these trucks and we all love speed.

2007 GC SRT-8 BLACK (PURCHASED)0-60 4.17 sec!(DASHHAWK) W 1000 MILES!
BONESTOCK...FOR NOW
2004 GTO (LEASE UP)
2001 SVT LIGHTNING (LEASE UP)
1998 DODGE RAM SS/T (LEASE UP)
1991 FORD MUSTANG LX COUPE 5.0 (SOLD)
1988 FORD MUSTANG LX HATCHBACK 5.0 (SOLD)
1987 CHEVROLET CAMARO IROC-Z 5.0 (SOLD)
1984 CHEVROLET MONTECARLO SS 5.0 (SOLD)
ALL GREAT AND GREAT MEMORIES IN EACH AND EVERY ONE.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 10:51 PM

I run the NX kit on my GCSRT8 jetted at 125HP. Very, very fast off the line and from a roll. The Dash Hawk shows quite a bit of timing being pulled when on the gas but it doesn't seem to be from knock. I think there may be a load based table in the PCM that pulls timing when engine load goes through the roof! Any one else with a Dash Hawk see a drop in timing when spraying?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode