More Oil Seperator MFG's - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Lightbulb More Oil Seperator MFG's

Here are two more oil catch can manufacturers for you guys that dont want the AMW. Seems the Corvette/GTO guys really went through the research because of the problem they were having. These two units look interesting.

http://www.mckinneyraceworks.com/cat...products_id=28

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/Catch_Can.html

http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 04:24 PM

Thanks for the great info.They all look like they will do the job.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 04:28 AM

After comparing the AMW catch can which I have used before on my Lightning, and the Elite engineering, I went with the elite. Very nice construction, similar to AMW, and the internal 'steel wool' is set up about the same way, although there is a difference in how it is captured.

I used these fittings to get to 1/2", from www.mcmaster.com:

91465-K181 - push-on brass hose fitting, barbed x male for 1/2" hose ID, 1/4" pipe size - quantity 1 (pack of 5) ($8.26)

50785-K42 - med pressure extruded brass thread pipe fitting, 1/8" x 1/4" pipe size, male x female 90 degree reducing elbow - quantity 2 ($3.20)

1/2" ID heater hose from Pep boys, marked "can be used for fuel and oil"

after swapping out the fittings, i attached the VERY nice aluminum billet bracket to the catch can and bolted it to the passenger side empty threaded hole in front of head (8 x 25mm bolt). Bracket fits exactly on Jeep and is quite a bit beefier than the AMW one I have used before.
Attached Thumbnails
jeepcatchcan1.jpg   jeepcatchcan2.jpg   jeepcatchcan3.jpg  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Dave, thank you SO much for posting these numbers. I'm convinced after seeing it in person today at E-town...and with Sarges initial thrust into making this a known resolution...that this mod truly does work.

I've ordered the catch can and all the parts.

JT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 08:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to SRT8UUP
Mango, which one did you go with?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
Dave, thank you SO much for posting these numbers. I'm convinced after seeing it in person today at E-town...and with Sarges initial thrust into making this a known resolution...that this mod truly does work.

I've ordered the catch can and all the parts.
Mango
Try to get a can of BG fuel cleaner......really strong stuff....it will clean the ijectors and the port to the intake valve......then get a can of throttle body cleaner spray.......and spray it into the vacuum source above the throttle body......you will need that second person to keep the vehicle running because it will want to die. I set up a longer hose connected to that port......the engine will want to die but keep your finger over it with enough room for the spray nozzle hose......just keep squirting it ......it will break up all the oil in the manifold.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

THANK YOU Sarge, I will get the cleaners and do this tomorrow when the catch can comes.

I went with the Elite Engineering catch can that DavesSRT8 is using. It's VERY well made, comes with a bracket and fits perfectly in the space Sarge initially had his.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Don't forget to change your oil after using those cleaners.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango
THANK YOU Sarge, I will get the cleaners and do this tomorrow when the catch can comes.

I went with the Elite Engineering catch can that DavesSRT8 is using. It's VERY well made, comes with a bracket and fits perfectly in the space Sarge initially had his.
Actually.......if you are considering the phenolic spacers......NOW is the time. When you remove the manifold you can literally wipe alot of it up from around the manifold and spray the interior of the manifold clean.

Either way the BG in the tank is some good stuff for cleaning the intake tract and top of pistons........if the gunk has built up on the pistons, that can cause detonation.

Back where you guys live your times should have been better than what you posted. Try some of these little tuning tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode