temp gauge with 180 t-stat in warm weather - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

temp gauge with 180 t-stat in warm weather

Weather is in 70's to low 80's here now, my temp gauge goes past 215 now frequently even with a/c off & also highway driving not just in town - what is eveyone else seeing -
lemmie know

07 SRT8 "silver" 180 T-stat,K&N,B&G Stage II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Major Contributing Member

Here in FL i really have not seen higher than 215 220. And with the fan mod it cools right back down!

FASTmade Ediff & TCM switches, 170 Stant, B&B Catback, Dynamic Heads, FRE Hellfire Cam, Kooks LT's
ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE Vortech SuperCharger Kit, ASM Phenolic Spacers, UniChip,
B&G StageII, UniChip, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Walsh Racing Heat Exchanger.

MOD DIRECIONS
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

appreciate it!

good luck with your goodies coming!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Mine will travel to 215-220 when sitting in traffic with a/c off. Usually will go down once I get moving. With a/c on the fan kicks on more and keeps it below 215 most of the time.

-Adam
URGENT-California gun owners and 2A supporters your help is needed! There are 2 bills on the govanator's desk that need to be vetoed. Calls, emails,faxes and letters are needed! Click link for more info-http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=221473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Same here when I'm sitting in traffic. As soon as I get going again, it falls real fast to 200 and then back to 185.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Do your STR's have an electric from factory? What is your fan mod do?

The reason I ask is because my X from factory has a mechanical fan. I took it out and added an electric fan Black Magic 180 Flex-a-light.

The important update that I like is that it has a probe and module that lets you pick what temp your fan turns on. I upgraded my motor with a 180* t-stat and put my fan so it flashes on at 185*. I will hover around 185-190* in traffic and about 183* while driving and usually the fan turns off. With AC ill get to about 195-205*.

It used to see about 210-215 and I would get nervous, so I would turn on the heater at about those temps to cool the motor down.

If you already have the E-Fan you can buy the probe and controller on its own for about $100 and wire it up to your fan.

Heck that might already be your fan mod... lol

2002 EXPLORER
Blown 304 Big Bore by Modular Performance, Fox Lake Stage II heads, small m90 SC, 60lbs injectors, 2400MAF, ported intake, meth injection, custom CAI, JBA headers, true dual 2.5'' exhaust, X pipe, flowmaster super 40's and many more mods... Part-Time 4wd.
http://modularperformance.com/customers.html

Exhaust Clip
http://media.putfile.com/AWDROCKS-H-Pipe-88

FUTURE MODS
Rebuild entire drivetrain & AED 2300ax SC, NOS, Roll cage
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Garage
The fan mod is to wire in a switch that allows you to turn on the electric fan manually whenever you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrocks
If you already have the E-Fan you can buy the probe and controller on its own for about $100 and wire it up to your fan.
Link to probe & controller?

Steve
'15 Black over Red Vapor WK2 SRT-8 (Borla Type-S axleback, resonator delete, & a trunk mat!)
SOLD '06 Silver WK1 SRT-8 (Borla Type-S, Predator, K&N, Eibachs, S6M Shocks, JBA A-arms, 275/315)
'06 White E55 (STAR dropped, iForged Imolas, Eurocharge tune, HE - 483whp)
'94 Black Mustang GT (cam bearings spun/scored...new HCI 331 stroker coming soon)

PITTZ said I am special
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrocks
Do your STR's have an electric from factory? What is your fan mod do?

The reason I ask is because my X from factory has a mechanical fan. I took it out and added an electric fan Black Magic 180 Flex-a-light.

The important update that I like is that it has a probe and module that lets you pick what temp your fan turns on. I upgraded my motor with a 180* t-stat and put my fan so it flashes on at 185*. I will hover around 185-190* in traffic and about 183* while driving and usually the fan turns off. With AC ill get to about 195-205*.

It used to see about 210-215 and I would get nervous, so I would turn on the heater at about those temps to cool the motor down.

Heck that might already be your fan mod... lol
Its a 2 speed motor. My fan mod at the track is pulling the low speed fan relay, the PCM thinks the low speed relay has failed and starts the high speed fan 100% on until you clear the OBD.

2012 300 SRT
2010 Challenger SRT8: SOLD
2008 Charger SRT8: SOLD
2006 Jeep SRT8: SOLD
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSRT-8
The fan mod is to wire in a switch that allows you to turn on the electric fan manually whenever you like.

Link to probe & controller?
You can just use this.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

My controller came with my fan as a kit which has a plug for the AC, so the fan turns on when the AC is turned on. I don't use it though. I don't think this controller has that option. I just have my fan turn on at 185*, AC or no AC.

Here are more controllers:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...rdSearch#rstop
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

summit

that's cool but it would be harder to hide that stuff if you needed to take your car in for service - the fan mod you've read about here is a little more stealth & if needed easier to connect/disconnect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode