426 stroker updates? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

426 stroker updates?

Has anyone installed a 426 stroker? Ordered mine last week. I have also ordered a nitrous kit. Shop is now researching improvments needed for the drivetrain. Should be done by mid May.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Re: 426 stroker updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsrt8
Has anyone installed a 426 stroker? Ordered mine last week. I have also ordered a nitrous kit. Shop is now researching improvments needed for the drivetrain. Should be done by mid May.
My 426 supercharged shortblock is complete. The completed engine should be on the dyno within 10 days, without the supercharger.

HELP please on the driveline, especially getting BOTH rear tires to spin.
Bill
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Major Contributing Member

Good job bill... Looks like you may get that first charger after all!!

All Driveline help is needed. Especially a front and rear LSD!!!

FASTmade Ediff & TCM switches, 170 Stant, B&B Catback, Dynamic Heads, FRE Hellfire Cam, Kooks LT's
ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE Vortech SuperCharger Kit, ASM Phenolic Spacers, UniChip,
B&G StageII, UniChip, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Walsh Racing Heat Exchanger.

MOD DIRECIONS
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSRT8GC
Good job bill... Looks like you may get that first charger after all!!

All Driveline help is needed. Especially a front and rear LSD!!!
My charger will be a 10 psi version for the low compression stroker. I don't think you would like to accidentally bolt that on to a stoke bottom end.

You will have yours up and running a couple of months before mine I bet. After the motor is run in it goes to AZ to be torn down & crank wheel replaced for the new electronics. Unfortunately, I may wind up shipping the JGC for the assembly.
Bill
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
My charger will be a 10 psi version for the low compression stroker. I don't think you would like to accidentally bolt that on to a stoke bottom end.

You will have yours up and running a couple of months before mine I bet. After the motor is run in it goes to AZ to be torn down & crank wheel replaced for the new electronics. Unfortunately, I may wind up shipping the JGC for the assembly.
Bill
OUCH
Yea, well your end result should be insane!!

Cant wait.

Mine is still in the shop, Getting the DR heads, Headers and Cam. We had valve and piston clearance issues with Little Boy cam or it was the incorrect cam. Thursday the new cam should arrive and reassembly should start! I have Ants in my pants!!!!!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Mine is still in the shop, Getting the DR heads, Headers and Cam. We had valve and piston clearance issues with Little Boy cam or it was the incorrect cam. Thursday the new cam should arrive and reassembly should start! I have Ants in my pants!!!!!
Seems like there are a lot of cam issues that some people talk about and others choose not to for some reason. How could a vendor (part timer or not) not of warned about this combination or verify what was sent to you?
If my combination works or not I will let the others know as you and GC etc. do so it may save others from costly mistakes and needless downtime.

Please keep us informed on your engine build. What do you think about some of the knock issues the guys are posting?
Bill
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
Seems like there are a lot of cam issues that some people talk about and others choose not to for some reason. How could a vendor (part timer or not) not of warned about this combination or verify what was sent to you?
If my combination works or not I will let the others know as you and GC etc. do so it may save others from costly mistakes and needless downtime.

Please keep us informed on your engine build. What do you think about some of the knock issues the guys are posting?
Bill

I have the dash hawk and I will monitor it.. But I like you am in the south and I will have 93octane in it 99% of the time the other times it will have 100-110! So I hope to have 0 knock issues!!

Gculver I believe has had every cam known to man. But I dont think he let anyone know what the out come was. I know he is running the hellfire now and that is what Franks Racing Cams are sending out now. For some reason either the little boy does not work with the 6.1 or the wrong cam was sent to or from Matt at DR. Either way BOTH Matt and Franks were very helpful on the phone with my shop in trying to determin what problems we were having.

I hope with this new cam all my problems are fixed. I am going through withdrawals this is my second week w/o my JEEP

The results better be good!!!!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to BDNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BDNJ

Hey guys: Small update on lockers. I have a Detroit rear locker on it's way for fitment. My shop's "Mopar connection" has sent one that might just match up. Fingers are crossed!!!

Brendan

'07 Jeep SRT8 black -1.65 60'; 12.03 @ 114.9 WITH TRACTION ISSUES- DR head/268 cam, Mopar cai with K&N filter, Vig 3200, Kook's, fan & traction mod, t-stat, BG II tune; 100 shot. (Dana 60 and turbo/s/c soon???)
'07 VW Eos 2.0T black -wife
'04 Audi S4 white; 6 spd...lease up
'02 Porsche 911 aero coupe silver; 6spd
'02 Bmw X5 4.6 silver; 13.4; Dinan Stg III - sold (w/ 170k miles)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDNJ
Hey guys: Small update on lockers. I have a Detroit rear locker on it's way for fitment. My shop's "Mopar connection" has sent one that might just match up. Fingers are crossed!!!

Brendan
Nice!

When you get it post some pics, and part numbers!

Thanks
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDNJ

Brendan

Great News!!! At least progress is being made. Are you looking at front and rear? Me and Bill Need both!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode