(No) ESP mod? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

(No) ESP mod?

On the LX Forums we have gentlemen/vendor that has come up us with his own version of a device to completely disable the ESP.

Since I thought all SRTs were capable of completely disabling it, I was a little surprised/disappointed that my Jeep couldn't, and was in the same boat as my Magnum R/T. Evidently, a few early build (LX) SRTs also can't completely disable the SRT.

I'm pretty sure it will work with our Jeeps, and I shot him a quick PM to ask if he's dealt with any yet. I'll keep anyone whose interested posted, and figured I'd pass along the link for anyone else that might be looking. Very reasonable price, quick/easy installation, reversible with no visible modifications/cutting/etc. Check it out;

NO ESP.com

FWIW,

Matty

'07 Jeep SRT-8...SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Re: (No) ESP mod?

I like it well built.

Keep me posted.

Jeff

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes.

"I'm a greedy old man. Life's been good to me, and I want some more of it."
John Wayne
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Major Contributing Member

I am by no means an electrician, but it seems like the more you know the better off you are in the pocket book with the jeep. Seems like a good mod, keep us posted and thanks for the input.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

If I recall correctly the gentleman making these is an EE and really seems to know his stuff...

He's already working on a similar fan mod, which I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on.

I'll keep youse posted!

Matty
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 PM

Whats wrong with my mod page???

FASTmade Ediff & TCM switches, 170 Stant, B&B Catback, Dynamic Heads, FRE Hellfire Cam, Kooks LT's
ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE Vortech SuperCharger Kit, ASM Phenolic Spacers, UniChip,
B&G StageII, UniChip, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Walsh Racing Heat Exchanger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSRT8GC
Whats wrong with my mod page???
Absolutely nothing at all, and much appreciated! I think this mod falls in between DIY and paying way too much for a pretty simple mod (as you so deftly demonstrate ). This gentleman's mod is invisible and uses the factory switch which I thought was particular kewl...

Matty
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:21 PM

I didnt read the whole thing. I did see its on a LX I know these have the ability to shut it off at the switch with some help. I thought that our programming was different?

I for sure can not build little circuit boards, well I could but not sure what it would do if anything
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSRT8GC
I didn't read the whole thing. I did see its on a LX I know these have the ability to shut it off at the switch with some help. I thought that our programming was different?

I for sure can not build little circuit boards, well I could but not sure what it would do if anything
That's the reason why I posted and reached out to them to begin with. They're willing to work with me to see if it's "do-able". When I found out that the Jeep SRT didn't completely disable the ESP like the (later) model LX SRTs and police versions do, I thought this mod would do the trick. No-ESP hasn't run across one of the LX app's where it wouldn't work, and given the similar DNA (and the fact that it evidently does work with the AWD LX's) I thought it'd be worth a shot...

We'll see here hopefully soon enough!

Matty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode