"2 wheel peel" traction issues - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Elite Contributing Member

"2 wheel peel" traction issues

Hey guys,
Any progress on the lack of traction? I noticed that the guys with any mods and raced this weekend had traction issues....hence the "2 wheel peel" (Thanks again for the correct phrase Stroke).

With a supercharged stroker being built, I am thinking my traction issues may get worse! LOL.

Help!!!!
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Major Contributing Member

Re: "2 wheel peel" traction issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
Hey guys,

With a supercharged stroker being built, I am thinking my traction issues may get worse! LOL.

Help!!!!
Bill
NA you should be fine. 11's with front and rear spinning should make for a good youtube video

My rear is making noise again. I will give the dealer one more chance to fix then i start working on my own.

This is what we need to find out. Dana 44 how different and why so different then the conventional dana setup. What is the front setup. It would be nice to get a LSD for both.... then find a good company to make our half shafts cuz we will need them.

FASTmade Ediff & TCM switches, 170 Stant, B&B Catback, Dynamic Heads, FRE Hellfire Cam, Kooks LT's
ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE Vortech SuperCharger Kit, ASM Phenolic Spacers, UniChip,
B&G StageII, UniChip, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Walsh Racing Heat Exchanger.

MOD DIRECIONS
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to BDNJ Send a message via Yahoo to BDNJ

As previously mentioned, my shop is still waiting for answers about the D 44H smart-trac from the Rubicon. Will post asap - naturally!

Brendan

'07 Jeep SRT8 black -1.65 60'; 12.03 @ 114.9 WITH TRACTION ISSUES- DR head/268 cam, Mopar cai with K&N filter, Vig 3200, Kook's, fan & traction mod, t-stat, BG II tune; 100 shot. (Dana 60 and turbo/s/c soon???)
'07 VW Eos 2.0T black -wife
'04 Audi S4 white; 6 spd...lease up
'02 Porsche 911 aero coupe silver; 6spd
'02 Bmw X5 4.6 silver; 13.4; Dinan Stg III - sold (w/ 170k miles)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSRT8GC
NA you should be fine. 11's with front and rear spinning should make for a good youtube video

My rear is making noise again. I will give the dealer one more chance to fix then i start working on my own.

This is what we need to find out. Dana 44 how different and why so different then the conventional dana setup. What is the front setup. It would be nice to get a LSD for both.... then find a good company to make our half shafts cuz we will need them.
FAST,
Just looked on your site...there is every mod available except for the Dana 44. Whats up? I am going to look at the shop manual this afternoon to see if there is anything that we can do electronically maybe to lock up both sides.
Bill
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
FAST,
Just looked on your site...there is every mod available except for the Dana 44. Whats up? I am going to look at the shop manual this afternoon to see if there is anything that we can do electronically maybe to lock up both sides.
Bill
WTF Bill now your thinking... The Diff, if controled by electronics, should be very easy to lock but I am confident factory diff set up will not hold the power when locked.

If we can find a replacement like BDNJ is trying...(THANKS) then we can lock up the factory and see how long they last
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode