asm supercharger... - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Contributing Member

asm supercharger...

I just got off the phone with asm. they blower will be out in 3 weeks... but who is going to pay $7,500 for 100 RWhp???? thats not including install!!!
i have had many american vehicles and tuned them all... this is a german luxury car price!!!!! im not supercharging an M3 or S4!
it ould seem the better bang for you buck would be heads and a cam...
anyone have input on this subject?

2007 GC SRT 8 (sold)
2004 SRT 4 (sold)
2005 E55 ///AMG
2003 SVT COBRA 660/654wheel
2006 Lincoln mark LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 08:11 PM

Re: asm supercharger...

As a local (AZ) guy I can tell you DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Arizona Speed and Marine.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Major Contributing Member

HUM... well they were 4weeks out 3 weeks ago. I guess that is what happens with a new product.

If he gets it running I will buy it. I really want the Turbo but still love the sound of my vortech blowers. This will be 100HP with a very conservative pulley 5 psi. With my heads 2-3 psi. So i will quickly up the boost. I plan on running as much boost as the computer will handle. I believe this is the problem. ASM will not run a lot of boost for fear of getting taken to the bank.

Once i see the A/F start to lean i will tone it down or keep as is depending on the #'s. Then run her till she pops and call Bill to see how the 426 is.

FASTmade Ediff & TCM switches, 170 Stant, B&B Catback, Dynamic Heads, FRE Hellfire Cam, Kooks LT's
ARIZONA SPEED & MARINE Vortech SuperCharger Kit, ASM Phenolic Spacers, UniChip,
B&G StageII, UniChip, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, Walsh Racing Heat Exchanger.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSRT8GC
HUM... well they were 4weeks out 3 weeks ago. I guess that is what happens with a new product.

If he gets it running I will buy it. I really want the Turbo but still love the sound of my vortech blowers. This will be 100HP with a very conservative pulley 5 psi. With my heads 2-3 psi. So i will quickly up the boost. I plan on running as much boost as the computer will handle. I believe this is the problem. ASM will not run a lot of boost for fear of getting taken to the bank.

Once i see the A/F start to lean i will tone it down or keep as is depending on the #'s. Then run her till she pops and call Bill to see how the 426 is.
you sound like you have a little more money for your hobbie than most of us... if you got it use it. i love the sound of a supercharger also but... its still alot of money... please let us know how it goes when you get it.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage

You keep forgetting that this is a limited demand vehicle. so I don't see $7500 as too expensive, especially when compared to Hennessey.

Steve
'15 Black over Red Vapor WK2 SRT-8 (Borla Type-S axleback, resonator delete, & a trunk mat!)
SOLD '06 Silver WK1 SRT-8 (Borla Type-S, Predator, K&N, Eibachs, S6M Shocks, JBA A-arms, 275/315)
'06 White E55 (STAR dropped, iForged Imolas, Eurocharge tune, HE - 483whp)
'94 Black Mustang GT (cam bearings spun/scored...new HCI 331 stroker coming soon)

PITTZ said I am special
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy25000
you sound like you have a little more money for your hobbie than most of us... if you got it use it. i love the sound of a supercharger also but... its still alot of money... please let us know how it goes when you get it.

Only till the wife figures out where its going
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRHTRD
As a local (AZ) guy I can tell you DO NOT BUY ANYTHING from Arizona Speed and Marine.

Why do you say, do not buy anything from asm.

2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe. # 55 out of 100.

2006 Jeep SRT8, stock for now.

2001 Corvette Z06, ATI Procharger, 6lbs of boost.

2005 Cadillac Escalade, lowered with 22" Tis Rims

2001 Mercedes Benz, S500 AMG
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSRT-8
You keep forgetting that this is a limited demand vehicle. so I don't see $7500 as too expensive, especially when compared to Hennessey.

if the ecu/pcm what ever jeep calls it was not such a mess to tune, there would be a kenne belle and a whipple .... etc. it just kinda pisses me off.
love the truck just some things about it... and i know that this is the same for all vehicle non are perfect (besides the lambo LP640 ). but we all get to b*tch somtimes.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy25000
(besides the lambo LP640 )
Care to discuss the longevity of that car?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRHTRD
Please enlighten us!
I have a 50% deposit on the supercharger and will be meeting with Jim next Thursday. I do not need to get in a deal like some of the guys here with vendor problems like Heat heads that don't work or valve springs that break etc. etc.
So far I feel very comfortable or I would not have committed.
I chose AZ on their reputation, if I made a mistake I can cut my loss now. Very puzzled.
Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode