Cam install in Dallas, Texas - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Cam install in Dallas, Texas?

Anyone here from the Dallas, TX area know of a reputable/professional shop to have a cam installed?

Thanks,

Anthony

Anthony

Last edited by Grip Grip; 02-11-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: why not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Re: Cam install in Dallas, Texas

Terry Cole At Performance Research in Duncanville. His phone number is (214) 923-0045. He's been doing performance tuning, engine work, and transmission work for quite a while. He did the tuning for my Lightning before I bought the SRT. He's really good. Tell him Eric from TALON sent you.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBLU
Terry Cole At Performance Research in Duncanville. His phone number is (214) 923-0045. He's been doing performance tuning, engine work, and transmission work for quite a while. He did the tuning for my Lightning before I bought the SRT. He's really good. Tell him Eric from TALON sent you.

Thanks for the lead, but Terry just told me he doesn't work on Mopar.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

A litte out of the way, but try the HEMI shop outside north austin, talk to scott. Maybe he can point you to someone in the dallas area.

2006 GC SRT 8(12.98@105.3-stock)-SOLD
2008 F-150 LIMITED #3449 of #5000
2006 TRAILBLAZER SS(SOLD)
2004 REDLINE SSR (SOLD)
1999 SVT F-150 (SOLD)
1987 GRAND NATIONAL (SOLD)
1996 IMPALA SS (SOLD)
1969 MACH-1 390,C-6 (SOLD)
1970 BUICK GSX, APOLLO WHITE (SOLD)
and various others

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Grip
Thanks for the lead, but Terry just told me he doesn't work on Mopar.
I'll have to stop by and have a word with him. He told me he was dying to get his hands on one of our Jeeps.

Maybe he just wanted to drive one!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Thanks for the leads, but it looks like I'm gonna just have to take a roadtrip down to Dynamic Racing to pick them up them up to SLC, Utah for the install. By the way, I just hit 31K miles on the Jeep!

Last edited by Grip Grip; 02-14-2007 at 04:01 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gculver
A litte out of the way, but try the HEMI shop outside north austin, talk to scott. Maybe he can point you to someone in the dallas area.

I spoke to Scott at the Hemi Shop last week and I'd like his shop to do the install, but my plans have changed again--part due to work and part due to my own indecisiveness.

I was considering adding a 268 cam to my previously installed Heat Heads to see if the cam would wake things up a bit, but yesterday with a DA of 200' I could only muster a 13.1 @ 102! That's ridiculous for having ported/polished heads, mopar catback, and mopar CAI!!!!!!!! I need to get these Heat Heads off of my engine. I feel like they are infecting the rest of the engine and before long I'll be the only JGC SRT8 in the 15's I'm not going to waste my money on R&D for Heat Performance, they can do their own.

Anyway, I've pulled the trigger on a set of Dynamic Racing heads, Comp 268 cam, and Kooks headers. I already have possession of the cam and headers, and I'm driving down to DR and pick up the heads on the 26th. Then I'll divert north to SLC, Utah where I have an appointment to have a Chrysler 5-star dealership do the install on March 6th.

In Utah the local drag strip is located 7 miles from my hotel, but it's at 4400 feet elevation! I think after the install I would be lucky to pull mid 13's running up there in the clouds but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Anthony

Last edited by Grip Grip; 02-18-2007 at 04:25 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Grip
I spoke to Scott at the Hemi Shop last week and I'd like his shop to do the install, but my plans have changed again--part due to work and part due to my own indecisiveness.

I was considering adding a 268 cam to my previously installed Heat Heads to see if I would wake things up a bit, but yesterday with a DA of 200' I could only muster a 13.1 @ 102! That's ridiculous for having ported/polished heads. I need to get these Heat Heads off of my engine. I feel like they are infecting the rest of the engine and before long I'll be the only JGC SRT8 in the 15's if I don't get them off! I'm not going to waste my money on R&D for Heat Performance, they can do their own.

Anyway, I've pulled the trigger on a set of Dynamic Racing heads, Comp 268 cam, and Kooks headers. I already have possession of the cam and headers, and I'm driving down to DR and pick up the heads on the 26th. Then I'll divert north to SLC, Utah where I have an appointment to have a Chrysler 5-star dealership do the install on March 6th.

In Utah the local drag strip is located 7 miles from my hotel, but it's at 4400 feet elevation! I think after the install I would be lucky to pull mid 13's running up there in the clouds but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Anthony
Ouch, with a DA of 499 yesterday, my stock engine with Volant CAI, Mopar catback and thermostat change ran 12.87 at 104.23 The Blackstallion's '06 runs 12.80 all day long at the same strip I run. I'll bet with new heads and a cam swap you should be looking at 12.5's no?
Bill
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
Ouch, with a DA of 499 yesterday, my stock engine with Volant CAI, Mopar catback and thermostat change ran 12.87 at 104.23 The Blackstallion's '06 runs 12.80 all day long at the same strip I run. I'll bet with new heads and a cam swap you should be looking at 12.5's no?
Bill

I'd love to have mid 12's with a sea level DA, but I'm not getting that optimistic just yet--not after Heat crushed my hopes and dreams last year.

However, I do think mid 12's is a fair expectation at sea level.

Last edited by Grip Grip; 02-18-2007 at 04:26 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Glad you talked to Scott, pretty good guy(motorhead you know). No matter who does the work, good luck on the mid 12 quest. I'am on a similar quest so we'll have to compare notes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode