GSM P&P heads/intake Comp 268 clip - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

GSM P&P heads/intake Comp 268 clip

Getting used to my GSM ported and polished heads/intake. Decided to include the Comp cams 268 to spice it up some.

Installation was done by a pro in my garage over 2 days. I'm pleased with everything so far except the Kooks CEL which seems to show its head every 20-30 miles. Also, nobody mentioned that the cam will contribute to stalling periodically when coming to a stop. This was bad in the beginning but seems to have worked itself out 95% over the past 200 miles.

My Dashawk threw two codes immediately - P0300 - random misfire and the Kooks cat code. The P0300 sorted itself after about 60 miles when the computer learned the cam. Now all is well.

The interior noise is definitely louder than stock but I have ZERO drone on the highways and the only time you hear a difference is at idle and passing on the highways. Now OUTSIDE is a different story. I had the Mrs. go down the block and back and I'm sure I will lose a few friends as neighbors if I get excited with the throttle. This was only normal driving and I'm sure anything exciting will draw Black and white attention if you get my drift. I would hate to think about how loud this will be with a full cat-back kit.

I'm waiting for the install pictures from my friend. I the meantime I shot two quick clips today to give you an idea. Truck DEFINITELY feels faster. Its down right violent off the line. Without Traction control I am getting wheel spin through first gear. Today's temp was 31* so there is a bit of smoke from the pipes only during warm up.

Enjoy.

Click here to watch Jeep-SRT8-GSM-kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to live4skins
Re: GSM P&P heads/intake Comp 268 clip

Nice stuff! I'm liking how the tach on the rev limiter is hugging the 4k mark. It seems faster than 4.20 for sure! Keep us posted!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tainui
Getting used to my GSM ported and polished heads/intake. Decided to include the Comp cams 268 to spice it up some.

Installation was done by a pro in my garage over 2 days. I'm pleased with everything so far except the Kooks CEL which seems to show its head every 20-30 miles. Also, nobody mentioned that the cam will contribute to stalling periodically when coming to a stop. This was bad in the beginning but seems to have worked itself out 95% over the past 200 miles.

My Dashawk threw two codes immediately - P0300 - random misfire and the Kooks cat code. The P0300 sorted itself after about 60 miles when the computer learned the cam. Now all is well.

The interior noise is definitely louder than stock but I have ZERO drone on the highways and the only time you hear a difference is at idle and passing on the highways. Now OUTSIDE is a different story. I had the Mrs. go down the block and back and I'm sure I will lose a few friends as neighbors if I get excited with the throttle. This was only normal driving and I'm sure anything exciting will draw Black and white attention if you get my drift. I would hate to think about how loud this will be with a full cat-back kit.

I'm waiting for the install pictures from my friend. I the meantime I shot two quick clips today to give you an idea. Truck DEFINITELY feels faster. Its down right violent off the line. Without Traction control I am getting wheel spin through first gear. Today's temp was 31* so there is a bit of smoke from the pipes only during warm up.

Enjoy.

Click here to watch Jeep-SRT8-GSM-kit
WOW......thats impressive!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Send a message via Yahoo to GodfatherSRT8

Nice. The beast sounds mean.

G.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Sweet. How about some more vids, of it moving... maybe some new 0-60 times?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GC (Laredo) SRT8 InfernoRed EntryLevelJeep
'70 Charger R/T (under construction forever)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

So, would it be safe to say that the addition of the cam was more significant performance wise than the heads/intake?

By the way, did you upgrade the springs and go with titanium retainers?

Thanks for the video.

Anthony

Anthony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode