Help Me Wih Mods..... - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Help Me Wih Mods.....

Hi there srt8 fans..............i`m receiving my GCSRT8 on the 10th of this month i just need help what to start with .Bear in mind i live outside the USA and getting orders sent is easy 4-7 days with FEDEX.So to sum it up i need help and get all the info needed to get the car running and be happy i`m ready to spend $10,000 dollars in the beginning, so for you guys who wanna have fun in upgrading the car all your ideas will be much appreciated......thanks.

p.s.Turbo is not recommended
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:52 AM
ge2
Major Contributing Member

Re: Help Me Wih Mods.....

Here are a few things that many SRT owners have done.

Stereo / video upgrades

Wheels & tires

Exhaust

Intake

Headers

Upholstery

HIDs

Tinted tail lights

More folks will be along to add to this list.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 09:33 AM

I am in the same boat, but i live in the US. Just purchased mine and I am looking for upgrades.

But not a list of what can be done, all this I know. My interests are what upgrades produce the best results via real daily drivers that have installed and tested these items. AKA exhaust, best sound and power, CAI best build quality and performance, Best program for the trans and the ECU. I have searched and there are lots of thing mentioned, but I want to know the best results.

I am also interested in a SC but the Threads I have read about GS scare me and would like to know if there are others that have a kit.

My first purchase was HID's Fogs and Low Beams.

This website is a great tool for us to narrow down fine pieces of craftsmanship and pieces of garbage. We could even try to make a list of what everyone prefers and list them in order of cost, so if you cant afford the best one you can choose the second or third.

Thanks to all for your help.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Senior Contributing Member

To start off with, I would recommend a Volant intake and Corsa exhaust. For example you can get them both from the same company: www.tbyrnemotorsports.com. With shipping those two will probably be less than $2000. When you get the car if you want it to be faster then you should buy new cylinder heads and camshaft.

If you want it to look better, get HID headlights and foglights, and maybe some 20" or 22" forged aluminum wheels with performance tires.

If you're in the royal family don't forget about dark tint on all the windows including the windshield.
________
SuperHotBlondie

Last edited by idealrides; 08-11-2011 at 02:13 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealrides
To start off with, I would recommend a Volant intake and Corsa exhaust. For example you can get them both from the same company: www.tbyrnemotorsports.com. With shipping those two will probably be less than $2000.
Sounds pricey. I did a Volant and B&B shipped from Southern Hotrod for around $1250....

Alex

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
ge2

The term 'best' is subjective at, er.... um.... best

There are dyno charts for many of the exhaust systems, but beyond those, there isn't a way to know which exhaust sounds best. Intakes are all about the same, performance wise, so choose the one that looks the best to you.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

FastSRT8GC,

for the GS kit, i agree with you, there were many issues regarding it, however, all of these have been fixed up. I have installed thier kits on my trucks and they run great! even with low boost, you feel that pull with the ast gear shifting.
I have seen JEEPs from JH turbocharged in town, but then the satisfaction was not there compare to the price they have paid to JH!

Indeed, I have installed thier kit on one of my 7.0L JEEP and let me says, its freakin fast!

uae455,
Being built over many JEEPs in your area, there is a vast area where you can look at in terms of mods. As the guys mentioned here, if performance is the target, then CAI, Cat-back, Heads, SC kit, etc is the way to go.. if you are looking for something is way beyond imagination, then the 7.0L is a torque master.

for low budget:
CAI, Headers, Cat-back, PCM re-flash will do the thing
for more:
SC kit, high boost, cam profile, 7.0L, etc.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT
Sounds pricey. I did a Volant and B&B shipped from Southern Hotrod for around $1250....

Alex
any idea how much it costs to FedEx a 50 pound box to the middle east?

I've shipped some rather heavy equipment by FedEx international priority in the past and let me tell you it ain't cheap!
________
California Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited by idealrides; 08-11-2011 at 02:14 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealrides
any idea how much it costs to FedEx a 50 pound box to the middle east?

I've shipped some rather heavy equipment by FedEx international priority in the past and let me tell you it ain't cheap!

Heh, I assumed you were someplace like Toledo or Tuscaloosa.

Alex
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM

I've had many things shipped over here..... It's frigg'n expensive so you want to be 100% sure about what your sending is what you want. Nothing is more frustrating than waiting a couple weeks or more and then find out you need something (gasket kit, wire connector, etc.....) Ground shipping is the cheapest but it can take months to get here.

The worst is sending $2K worth of something and then have customs deem it to be inappropriate...... luckily for me I was able to talk them into re-shipping to be picked up in Bahrain. That particular shipment ended up getting lost and I had to have it tracked. Took about 4mths to actually get......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode