Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Think I'm going to pull the trigger...

4K views 35 replies 8 participants last post by  SPEEDDEMON 
#1 ·
I've got my mind set that it's time to get nasty with the Jeep. Talking now to Demon about bout building a 419 cube stroker with Thitek heads and the works. Also staying supercharged but doing one of thier new race brackets with an F1 Procharger. Got a lot of odds and end to do to complete this project like fuel system, transmission, etc... Looking realistically to make all this happen by late spring time!

#4 ·
Thanks! Not cheap for sure but I've dealt with Mopar stuff in the past and compared to Ford and Chevy this is definitely expensive but at least I'm not shocked. I've done big builds in the past and the most important thing is not overlooking all the supporting systems. As you know with a 9 second Jeep that almost every component has to be tended to.

#6 ·
First big step today. Just bought an F1A head unit to replace the D1!!! I'm putting the D1 up for sale in the sale section for anyone interested. It is practically like brand new with less than 3000 miles on it!!

#7 ·
Well through a bit of miscommunication I ended up with an F1D and not an F1A. After discussing it with the seller I felt it was an honest mistake. Also had a conversation with Skip at Demon and said eventhough its rated at 50hp less on the top end it will make more low to mid range power and response. That said I'm going with it for now and is definitely alot more blower than the D1SC that I had...

#9 ·
Really hoping so. Dug up some stuff where a guy was claiming to be the fastest Procharged Jeep running 9.9 @ 138mph using a F1-D. That was a year ago so maybe that's changed. Skip said there was another one around running in the 9s too. I'll be plenty happy with that! Here the two sitting side by side. They don't look a whole lot different but at least the new one is polished!?

Attachments

#16 ·
Yeah I wonder the same. Maybe I should just get it powder coated or something. We will see. I have much more expensive things to worry about at the moment.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5000XD
#21 ·
I honestly I would have prefer standard cast finish. Anytime you polish aluminum you close up the pores which aids in heat dissipation. I got a great deal on this one and came polished. If you daily drive it then you would have to put some effort into it to keep it looking this way. I'm down to just driving the Jeep on nice days and infrequently. For me all I'll have to do is rub a little Mother's polish on it every couple months and it will look new forever.

Reactions: Jfra
#23 ·
Another big step in the right direction today. Ordered the new transmission from Bill at Paramount! Hopeing to have it install within the next week or so.

Reactions: SPEEDDEMON and Jfra
#24 ·
Nice man :grin2: Which one did you go with?

Reactions: cudadave72
#26 ·
Just like clockwork I install my new Paramount transmission and immediately killed the stock transfer case!!! Knew I was going to need this but thought I'd get some of the other "big" stuff out of the way hoping it would last. It glitched a couple times in the past and I changed the fluid and kept going. So much for that. Just got back from Paramount with another big chunk of change spent!! Would have needed it either way I guess...:grin2:

#28 ·
Yeah I struggled with this especially the amount of money I'm dumping into this beast over the next several months. Bill is local to me and being a shop owner he gives me a pretty good deal so I decided to just go this way. With my plans even if it's overkill to me it's a piece of mind and out of the way.

Reactions: viking757
#30 ·
Looking good Dave! How long did the install take?

Reactions: cudadave72
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.