New TCM - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New TCM

Folks just what I said these are Mopar's not special or unique to any Vendor! Don't waste your money on these as my Dealer installed it under Warranty, FREE! It works on all the SRT8 Transmissions and pending TSB will be published 12/22 according to my source. I have been using it since Sept. and it really wakes up your transmission shifts, no more hesitation etc. SRT ENG Chat Session Explains. Gene
SRTJeep is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Elite Contributing Member
 
OurZoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 5,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New TCM

What exactly does it fix as I haven't noticed an issue yet on mine?
OurZoo is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New TCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurZoo
What exactly does it fix as I haven't noticed an issue yet on mine?
Exactly what I posted, a severe 1-2 shift hesitation, sluggish other responses. Mine did it from new and only at the Drag Strip at the top of 1st gear. This TCM is a standard Mopar Part. Gene
SRTJeep is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New TCM

From the 300cSRT8 chat session:

Originally Posted by SRT8Mopar
Will the TSB for shift lag also be available to the SRT8 GrandCherokee(WK)? Thanks.

No. The Grand Cherokee has a completely different transmission cal.

Looks like we will still be waiting for an upgrade.
ibbigc is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Major Contributing Member
 
barho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE PA
Posts: 1,040
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Re: New TCM

I just looked through the chat session, and still no TSB for the WK SRT 1-2 shift hessitation. I particularly was not very happy with the answer they gave when someone asked if they were going to come out with a TSB.

"We are always looking for ways to better the performance of our SRT products"

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!
barho is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Elite Contributing Member
 
SRT8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,312
Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 1 Post
Re: New TCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbigc
From the 300cSRT8 chat session:

Originally Posted by SRT8Mopar
Will the TSB for shift lag also be available to the SRT8 GrandCherokee(WK)? Thanks.

No. The Grand Cherokee has a completely different transmission cal.

Looks like we will still be waiting for an upgrade.
That was me.(couldn't get the same screen name as here) I asked twice & was told that the TSB was only for the LX's. There was no mention of a current fix.


'06 GC (Laredo) SRT8 InfernoRed EntryLevelJeep
'70 Charger R/T (under construction forever)
SRT8 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: New TCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barho
I just looked through the chat session, and still no TSB for the WK SRT 1-2 shift hessitation. I particularly was not very happy with the answer they gave when someone asked if they were going to come out with a TSB.

"We are always looking for ways to better the performance of our SRT products"

WRONG ANSWER!!!!!!
We Jeep owners seem to be getting screwed, I'm still waiting for a brake TSB because my front rotors are just about finished.
danman_s is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Elite Contributing Member
 
SRT8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,312
Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 1 Post
Re: New TCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman_s
We Jeep owners seem to be getting screwed, I'm still waiting for a brake TSB because my front rotors are just about finished.
The SRT Eng commented an inquiry about a possible TSB on the GC brakes, stating that there was none & they are working w/Brembo about the noise & that the wear we are seeing is normal.
SRT8 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Major Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 1,494
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Re: New TCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8
The SRT Eng commented an inquiry about a possible TSB on the GC brakes, stating that there was none & they are working w/Brembo about the noise & that the wear we are seeing is normal.
I call BS on the rotor scoring/wear being normal....If you or anyone else buys that comment (if that is what they said) I've got some oceanfront property in AZ for sale.

I seriously doubt if they or Brembo designed this rotor/pad set up to show severe signs of scoring, on many vehicles as reported here, at anywhere from 6,000 to 20,000 miles. NOT!
teda is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Elite Contributing Member
 
SRT8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,312
Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 1 Post
Re: New TCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teda
I call BS on the rotor scoring/wear being normal....If you or anyone else buys that comment (if that is what they said) I've got some oceanfront property in AZ for sale.

I seriously doubt if they or Brembo designed this rotor/pad set up to show severe signs of scoring, on many vehicles as reported here, at anywhere from 6,000 to 20,000 miles. NOT!
I don't have a position on the brake issue as of yet. I only have 2k miles & no problems yet. I was on the last SRT Eng session(month ago) & they said the GC brakes were perfmance pads that wouldn't last long. I may buy that, but the rotor issues are not acceptable. What would be the typical # of miles a vehicle goes until it usually need pads/rotors? My experience would be ~25-60k for pads & ~40-75k on rotors.
SRT8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HVAC Re-Flash, Up Dated TCM SRTJeep WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 51 12-11-2006 10:04 AM
Any GSM Perf TCM reviews? SRT8 WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges 2 11-12-2006 02:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome