Project Sport Truck SRT8 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Project Sport Truck SRT8

I am two weeks into a build on a black SRT8 to be used as a project vehicle in Sport Truck magazine. During this build we are making some one off items that may have interest to some of you. If there is a demand I may run some of these items for retail sale. Here is a list of the changes we are doing on this build. I noted the items I would be interested in running extra of. I will post sneek peek photagraphy of the completed vehicle in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
Randy Marchetti
True Flow
www.trueflow.com

B&B Stainless Exhaust. They will put this system into production once completed.

True Flow Sealed Air Intake. As of now its a one off item. I may produce more.

Slotted and Cross drilled rotors. This is a one off set but will have more in the future.

Kevlar Compound Brake Pads. Super low dust and killer stopping power. I will do more of these with the rotors soon.

Giovanna 22'' custom wheels. These are one off wheels being specifically machined for this project truck.

Pirelli tires

Custom polished billet aluminum door guards with SRT8 logo. These replace the chrome door guards that say Grand Cherokee. I can produce more of these items.

Custom billet aluminum antenna. Replaces antenna and chrome antenna base. This polished billet antenna is about 6'' tall. I can produce more of these items.

Lowering spring. This is an Eibach item we are waiting on. Still no due date yet. I need a lowering spring ASAP if anyone knows of an available spring already on the market.

Carbon fiber interior kit. This is available through Superior Dash Company.

Other items done to this project vehicle. High and Low beam Phillips HID system, Color match HOEN halogen drive lights, Speaker swap out and 8''sub cabinet, Color match rear deck spoiler, All jeep logos removed from front, rear, shift nob, and steering wheel. Shift nob and steering wheel have carbon fiber inserts with SRT8 logo to replace the Jeep logo. Stant 180 thermostat.

Last edited by rm360; 04-08-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 07:07 PM

Re: Project Sport Truck SRT8

Thanks rm360 for your info. Can't wait to see how it looks and handles. I hope you'll also send info on where to get these parts. Thanks !!
post #3 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm360
I am two weeks into a build on a black SRT8 to be used as a project vehicle in Sport Truck magazine. During this build we are making some one off items that may have interest to some of you. If there is a demand I may run some of these items for retail sale. Here is a list of the changes we are doing on this build. I noted the items I would be interested in running extra of. I will post sneek peek photagraphy of the completed vehicle in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks
Randy Marchetti
True Flow
www.trueflow.com

B&B Stainless Exhaust. They will put this system into production once completed.

True Flow Sealed Air Intake. As of now its a one off item. I may produce more.

Slotted and Cross drilled rotors. This is a one off set but will have more in the future.

Kevlar Compound Brake Pads. Super low dust and killer stopping power. I will do more of these with the rotors soon.

Giovanna 22'' custom wheels. These are one off wheels being specifically machined for this project truck.

Pirelli tires

Custom polished billet aluminum door guards with SRT8 logo. These replace the chrome door guards that say Grand Cherokee. I can produce more of these items.

Custom billet aluminum antenna. Replaces antenna and chrome antenna base. This polished billet antenna is about 8'' tall. I can produce more of these items.

Lowering spring. This is an Eibach item we are waiting on. Still no due date yet. I need a lowering spring ASAP if anyone knows of an available spring already on the market.

Carbon fiber interior kit. This is available through Superior Dash Company.

Other items done to this project vehicle. High and Low beam Phillips HID system, Color match HOEN halogen drive lights, Speaker swap out and 8''sub cabinet, Color match rear deck spoiler, All jeep logos removed from front, rear, shift nob, and steering wheel. Shift nob and steering wheel have carbon fiber inserts with SRT8 logo to replace the Jeep logo. Stant 180 thermostat.

I am interested in the majority of the items listed, especially the lowering springs and door guards. Please keep us updated with pics, prices, etc.
Thanks
post #4 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Will do... I will post the interior pics next week. The wheels are done but I am waiting for the rotors to get back from silver cad plating before I can finish the brakes and mount the wheels. Here is the engine shot with the intake. Also a few pics of my other ride and some of the parts I built for it. I owned a company called RM Racing where we build the Acura NSX, C5 Vett, and the Ferrari 360 upgrades. I sold this company and started True Flow. We build a project truck each year to support our filter and intake line.

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
P1010001.JPG   P1010004.JPG   P1010033.jpg   P1010034.jpg   P1010036.jpg  

post #5 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 05:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to banginsrt8

id definately be interested in many items, i had contacted B&B but am too far to be there test vehicle, so im anxious to see/hear there setup for exhaust

as well as id definately be interested in :

Custom polished billet aluminum door guards with SRT8 logo. These replace the chrome door guards that say Grand Cherokee.

Custom billet aluminum antenna. Replaces antenna and chrome antenna base. This polished billet antenna is about 8'' tall.

Shift nob and steering wheel have carbon fiber inserts with SRT8 logo

2010 Silver Srt 8 jeep
2012 Ram R/T white
post #6 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 03:54 PM

Very interested in most of these mods, please keep me updated.
post #7 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 05:29 PM

Also interested in alot of these mods...
post #8 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Me too me too! I'll take the exhaust, intake, rotors, pads, antenna...

I bought a bi-xenon police/harley H4 system from your old company about 6 years ago. Back then very few cars had HID, let alone bikes... that thing was the cat's balls. You wouldn't believe how many people would just stare into the light like a deer. And it was great to see the reaction of people who knew what it was and couldn't believe it was on a bike. Plus it still works great! Keep up the good work.
________
Peachy

Last edited by idealrides; 08-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.
post #9 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

I spoke with Eibach today on the springs and It looks like a no go. I have other options but it would take several months and a minimum order of 50 sets. This is the company in Holland that built all our Ferrari 360 springs in the past. Not sure what to do on this matter. Has anyone heard of any other companies looking to builds springs??? I have talked to Intrax, Eibach, and H&R.

Thanks
Randy
post #10 of 168 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:56 PM

rm360, you plan to change the chrome to aluminum on the lower part of the door, but what are you gonna do with the chrome just under the windows? If you change one you should probably change all of it. Chrome mixed with aluminum on the same door or car for that matter is a little tacky. It is one or the other, don't you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode