I'm interested in buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee srt8 (2010 model) , but there is some things i wonder about. I hope you could help me guys.
1. Is it a good car? With that I mean is it a problem free car? I'm planning to have it for at least 5 years.
People around me keep telling me to stay away from American cars. According them American cars will not run more than 5 years. Is it true?
2. Hows the service in Qatar?
3. Is the spare parts expensive?
4. How much do you pay for gas each month approx?
Not from Qatar, but from Saudi Arabia so I will put my two cents down since the conditions are pretty much the same.
I have a '10 SRT8, bought it at the end of 2010 and now have almost 55K kms on it and no big issues Alhumdulillah.
1) Yes, its a great car. Driving is just pure sex. Not anyproblems that I have encountered soo far, just changed the batter, that too under warranty!
2) Can't say, but pretty good in Saudia.
3) Let see, since The stock warranty is 3 years and 60k KM, no spare parts needed, and what I adivse is get extended warranty its cheap and good. PLus you have insurance so no spare parts to worry about ?
4) About that, since I am in KSA and you know how cheap the petrol here is I don't keep a track of it. Just go get a tank ful and smoke it all out lol
I make 400 kms trip oen way on weekends and it goes 400-450 kms on one tank when I average 150-170 km/h and a occasional 250+ run in the same trip.
if I do 120-140 km/h average them qurater of a tank is left !