Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Buyer Beware!! eBay

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  OurZoo 
#1 ·
This auction appears to be from a known eBay thief.

From here is where I am basing my information. Search for the person's email addy chistopia1@yahoo.com.

Good luck.

Future Owner.

#4 ·
wow . . .

$23k gets it huh? Sounds like a deal to me.

Yeah right.

I didn't know the SRT door sills or stainless plates (or whatever they're called where the door meets the floor) were an option, mine has those, I guess mines special!

#5 ·
I didn't know the SRT door sills or stainless plates (or whatever they're called where the door meets the floor) were an option, mine has those, I guess mines special![/QUOTE]

Sadly it's true. Some of us got two door sills, some one door sill (I only got passenger side) and some no door sills. Unless you could convince your dealer they owed you two you had to buy the door sills from the parts department and they only came in a set of two. A few quality control issues out of the factory I'm afraid.

#6 · (Edited)
delosh said:

From here is where I am basing my information. Search for the person's email addy chistopia1@yahoo.com.

Good luck.

Future Owner.
WTF?????? I took those pictures!!! You can see my silver SRT4 in the background in 1 of the pics, and my black Civic in another. They are from a different ebay ad I had a while back, selling my friend's '07 GCSRT8. I may be able to dig up my old ebay ad if anyone wants to see. Did somebody just copy all the pictures and repost the ad from a different account?

Edit: Damn, I just read the ad, and the wording is mine as well. Totally copy and pasted it. I will look through my stuff now to find my old ad and contact ebay.

Edit again: My old ebay ad was item # 110109156396. Check it out. Look at the date. It was from a little while back.

#7 ·
delosh said:

Good luck.

Future Owner.
WHAT?!

I just used "Buy It Now" and payed instantly with Paypal. WHAT A DEAL!! He promises to have it to me within seven days!

WICKED! Now I have a second one for mudding!

Just Kidding. :D

Thanks for the warning.

#10 ·
I emailed the seller and told them I would get on the next plane with $23k in cash to meet him/her. I'll post whatever "it" replies.

Crazy mo-fo

#12 ·
So here's what I got back...

I asked the seller if I could hop on a plane with $23k today to come buy it and here's what I got.

First email:

"im sorry, my account was hacked into. i don't even own a jeep, and i did not list this auction."

From the actual email account holder.

Then:

Our records indicate that you received an email from chistopia343 through our Contact eBay Member or Ask Seller a Question feature. Please be aware that the email might contain a fraudulent offer to purchase or sell an item outside of eBay. We recommend not responding to the sender because the email might be an attempt to obtain your email address.

If you have already completed a transaction with a person who has asked that you take the transaction outside of eBay or if you are a seller who has already shipped an item to the buyer and the transaction was completed outside of eBay, we suggest you take the following steps:

1. Contact the payment service that you used to make the purchase. If you paid by credit card, most card issuers provide consumer protection in online fraud cases.

2. Please complete the Item Bought Outside of eBay form or the Item Sold Outside of eBay form. To access these forms, go to:

AND FINALLY FROM THE SCAMMER:

Hi,

I apologize for delay but I'm literally overwhelmed by the number of offers.
The car is in great condition, no accidents, clear title (no liens or loans).
I am selling because I am in the middle of divorce and I have no other alternative. I must tell you that the problem faced until now with the selling of the car is that I've settled in Greece and the car is here with me. Still, the vehicle is registered in the States and has a clear title. The car drives and looks brand new and has an accident free history. The price for the car is $23,000 including shipping costs to your location.I have a friend at a shipping company who will manage me a low shipping cost. My suggestion to end this deal is eBay services for the
transaction. If interested let me know.

Thanks

GOOD STUFF. I wonder how the weather is over there in Greece?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.