Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Saleen comes with new Monster Truck - Stab at GC SRT8??

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  HoustonSRT-8 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#5 ·
yeah...that platform is too fat and heavy unlike the previous lightning. even if it had more power we would still smoke it guys....AWD remember?

#6 ·
The Toyota is the real animal. At the track a short bed, standard cab ran 14.1 with the dealer sticker on it. The guy only removed the Airfilter!!! Watch out for one of these with an exhaust, intake, and NOS!!!!!

On the street it will be hard for 98% of the vehicles to beat us. The way these Jeeps get off the line is just plain sick. The track is a different story.

The F150 will have ZERO traction, just like the lightening guys had to deal with till they started to change suspensions out.

#7 · (Edited)
Personally, I think the Saleen looks beautiful for a performance full-sized truck. It's just too damn heavy, especially with 23" wheels.

Edit - Now that I look at Saleen's website listing the curb weight as approximately 300-400lbs heavier than us, I guess it's just severely traction limited. It would be interesting to see what one with traction could run. IMO, I think Edmunds got some slow times.

BTW, this is a pretty cool pic.

#8 ·
dont worry ................gc str-8 happy

#12 · (Edited)
You are comparing apples and oranges. That's a full size truck and the Jeep is a "mid" sized SUV.

At the STR8's price there are not any contenders from factory, except maybe the SS Trailblazer, but IMHO, the STR8 is better, and of course faster.

But remember, in the modding world... its anyones game... always give the guy next to your lane the benefit of the doubt... he could have anything under that hood ;)

#15 ·
Inferno SRT8 said:
With the weight of that truck and 23" rims not a chance in hell.
According to Saleen, the curb weight is only 300lbs heavier than us. :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.