Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Female looking for advice

3K views 39 replies 28 participants last post by  rconner 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and was looking for advice about a GCSRT-8 I'm looking at to buy. It's a 2006, siler in color, with 14,000 miles, has navigation and moonroof. They are asking $28,000 firm. Is this a good price to pay for it. It is in good condintion, no scratches or dents. It has original tires. Should I pull the trigger on this or keep looking. Thanks for the help ;)

#8 ·
thats a good deal the values of the jeep went up so its hard to find a jeep with low miles for that price

#9 ·
It sounds good. Thats low miles for an '06. Just be careful because those salesman like throwing all that crazy lingo at the ladies to spruce things up. you came to the right place for answers. Make sure you drive before you buy. Get a feel for it. Make sure you're comfy. I know my wife hates how "bouncy" it is but she loves the power. Not a racer but its there when she needs it. Lol.

#16 ·
id say wait and offer them something in the low 20's. let them sit on it for a week and they ll probably lower to around 24 to 25,000. our jeeps arent in high demand and the dealers only loosing money the more time it sits on the lot. if they re smart, they ll work with you. 28 is a tad high, but if you cant wait then id say go for it too!

#19 ·
I'll give you another females opinion. That's very low miles for an 06 which has its good and bad points. Price seems a bit steep to me considering there is a lot of srt8's on the market now. Original 06 tires may need replacing sooner than later and being an 06 you'll be out of factory warranty regardless of miles. I checked out several srt8's in different years before I got mine and knew as soon as I sat in it that it was coming home with me. If you love it and it has everything you want pull that trigger, you won't regret it, at least I didn't. :) Good luck!

#21 · (Edited)
Good advice. Here's some more that's hopefully helpful.

It may very well be a little pricey. You will need to decide what the dollar value is to you, and how good of a relationship you can establish with this dealer if you purchase.

Check those current tires carefully on the inside fronts for any sign of unusual wear. If they are hesitant to move on the price, just pretend that this purchase is not that important to you and start to walk. In other words be polite but firm that they have to do better. When you reach what you consider to be their absolutely lowest price on the Jeep, hit em up for other inducements......WARRANTY.....repairs on any vehicle can be astronomical these days. Tell them the only way you'll purchase is for them to GIVE you an extended warranty. You have nothing to lose by being semi-aggressive.

Forget all the KBB and NADA stuff they might throw at you. Don't ask what they paid for it, as they are entitled to make a profit on the sale, but not a ridiculous one. Ask them to show you what this Jeep is running through the closest auctions to your area in the little "Black book" or on the Manheim sheets.

And don't forget to also look at your current cars value on those sheets. Don't forget, when you trade you are working two completely separate deals. Don't let them beat you up on the Denalis value.

Also, if they purportedly sold the vehicle, ask them to black out the original buyers personal info and show you the entire work history on the truck. It is important that all required maintanence has been done. And, since the mileage is low, tell them you want a complete change out on all the fluids. The truck has low miles, but is 4 years old. I would at least insist on an LOF, transfer case, and differential change.

Finally, you should be able to see if any TSB's have been performed by looking at the service history. And, I would look at this sight, go over all the TSB's for an 06, and ask them to put in writing that if you discover any 06 issues covered that have not been performed, that they will do so in the future. Maybe ask them to give you 90 days to familiarize yourself with the list and your car, during which time they will perform them. TSB's are generally not covered after the original warranty period unless you have a very friendly dealer.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_srt8.htm

http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_tsb.htm

Again, be polite but firm, show them you're an educated buyer, but a reasonable person. Don't let them see any overt enthusiasm on your part.

Not sure what trouble driving in the winter means. Maybe the guy just sucked at driving in the snow if you get a lot where you live.

Make sure you get to drive it at freeway speeds, and look for any vibrations or rear end/transfer case whines or noises.

Sorry this is so long, hope some of it helps. Great group of people here, and most are more than willing to help you out. Good luck with your decision.

#20 ·
I'd do it for sure.

Where are you located?

When I was shopping around, I noticed a huge price difference depending on location. California wanted more than local Phoenix Dealerships; Las Vegas was slightly higher; Tucson was a little cheaper than Phoenix - it all depends on region. Bottom line is, no matter the region, that is at the very least a fair price. Some guys are saying that our Jeeps aren't in high demand - again, this all depends on where you are. In Phoenix, a Jeep SRT8 stays at a dealership for a maximum of 2-3 weeks (not to mention autotrader where that is cut down significantly). I was told that my three Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealers when shopping, and now I've watched it happen from going in for oil changes. It's something to take note of if you're looking around to purchase, if they go fast, hop on the deal. If dealers are sitting on them, try to find a better deal - but I think that's pretty solid, personally.

#26 ·
Sounds like a very good price to me, an '07 with the same miles here in Colorado Springs just went for 35k at Carmax. Also a friend at my work is getting ready to buy an '07 with 55k miles and no nav for 29,900. Don't know why people that own these say they should be cheaper than what they are going for, every one I have seen has been pretty much in the low-mid 30's and sells very quick. As for the miles, I would'nt worry a lot of these are second or third cars like mine and I make sure to stay with the recomendations for service with 20k miles on an '06.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.