Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Kill Of The Day

446K views 3K replies 408 participants last post by  WiscoG8 
#1 ·
I thought it would be a great idea to have a sticky thread on our Kill of the day. A thread that would be updated daily with battle stories (the victories and failures of course) from around the globe.

I know I would check it daily if started.

Please add as many details as possible to set the mood and add videos if available.

Here is my favourite kill so far after 1 week with my new, still stock, Jeep SRT8.

I am driving in down on a road that I like to call drag alley because it is lined up with signal lights that are all synchronized to have you stop at each one unless you drive at 30 miles per hour. I live in Abu Dhabi, where your daily drivers are of the likes of Porsche 911 Turbo, all Mercedes AMG’s and BMW M Series, Audi R8 and S Series, Ferraris, Bentleys, Lambos, GTR’s and yes, even Bugatti Veyron. Those cars are not rare here, you see many of them every day (especially on drag alley :D), expect for the Bugatti that you may see every week.

The classic story line on drag alley is that you nag the driver beside you at the first light to race and by the second light, he is usually on it and for the next 3 lights.

My most memorable race to date was with a very nicely done (Body kit) 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. Here, this car cost almost 2.5 times the price I paid for mine :D. I cannot get the guy (an Emirati) to do anything at the first light but after some nagging, he is ready at the next one. Off the start (traction control off, AC off (108F :cool:), and autostick in 1st gear), the SRT 8, jumps faster and did have at least 2 car body length when it reached 60MPH. This scenario basically repeated itself for the next 3 signal light. What a feeling, I could not believe it laughing all the way to my next meeting.

Here it is folks, I have raced so far a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, a G55AMG an ML63 AMG, a BMW 650i, a Lexus LS460, a Range Rover Supercharged but the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S was my highlight to date.

Cheers

JF

See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: BeefSRT
#6 ·
I am Canadian. I have been here for 3 years with my family and we love it.

I love to drive here. The roads are beautiful and Emiratis and arabs in general drive in general faster and yes, better than people do back home.

I have been to Muscat a few times. Oman is such a beautiful country.

Regards

JF

#3 ·
he said abu dhabi

#5 ·
OK heres my kill of all time to date.Its about 1:30pm and my brother and i are coming back from a doctors oppint in my jeep.Keep in mine i about 195 and my brother is about 210lb.I also have one of my employees behind me in a dakota.We are at a stop light and i glance over and a corvett zr1 with some awsome chrome wheels.I say to the guy thats the **** of all **** vetts.He saids yea 650hp,so i say do you want to find out he laughed and said yea i am already late for a meeting.Then i say are you sure,he says im gone at green.Well the road is 2 lane and about 1/4 mile long.My brother saids dude hes going to kill you.Well light turns green im gone could not see him.When i get home my emplyee said did you say something mean to him,i say know i think he pussed out on the race.My employee said that he almost it the center dived.So lets just say that he could not hook.

• Haha
#537 ·
shoulda gave him a waterbox to heat up them rubbers lmao nice kill. but i got 2 kills one most of u prob already kno is the tbss with pauls(m4x) fancy comutating also i beat him twice just to make sure he didnt f up ...and my other kill witch i have on video was a bossted up gti at a light going up a hill if i showed u guys the video ud laugh n say we never raced lets just say he hooked but he doesnt have a hemi :D lmao best part i asked him what he had hes like 4 cylders i was like me 2 in economy mode

#9 ·
I ended up next to a brand new Honda CB1000r at a redlight a couple hours ago and rolled down my window to see if he wanted to go and he laughed a bit and said yes!

Lights turn green and BADDABIM BADDABOFF i hit it just as it turns green and he`s not that ready as i was so i take 2-3 car lengths before he even starts to roll and by the time he has some speed i´m already 4-5 cars ahead and i slow down just to don`t get blown by;)

I take a right at the next turn and he turns too and drives up to my window and says "WOW that`s some car you have man!"
Me "YEP it got some power under the hood, about 450hp!"
Him "mine is restricted/restrained? to 125hp but it has the same engine as the fireblade!"
Me "Cool bike, streetfighter look rules"
Him " How bout the MPG?"
ME " Cant talk any longer!! Running out of gas as we speaks!!" LOL

Any way nice kill and if he would have been a good driver he should`ve smoked me completely:(

• Haha
#12 ·
Had a Ford Lightning pull next to me last week. He asked if I thought I could keep up I said I'll try. As I pulled a car and a half ahead then kept pulling on him we came to the next red light. He stopped and left a gap next to me and refused to pull up so I backed up and asked him how he thought I did oddly he just rolled up his window and ignored me. I've lost me a few and have always given props to the winner just out of respect. Heck I got my *** handed to me by some kid in a WRX STi and after he wanted me to pull over just to check out my Jeep.

Cool thread BTW!!

• Haha
#13 ·
I was pulling out of a gas station and noticed a SVT Lightning getting onto the highway so I decided to follow him and provoke him to play. Well, it didn't take long for him to take the bait. As I come up behind him, I notice him trying to pull away so I mat the pedal and notice him getting more aggressive because he can't shake me off his tail. I'm laughing the whole time. He had to slow down for another car so I slow down as well to let him catch up. He didn't wanna play anymore. :mad: I finally REALLY slow down to let him catch up but he wasn't biting. He eventually pulls up next to me and looks over with this pissed off stare and makes this aggressive sharp right to get off the highway at the next exit. Aren't those things supercharged?

#14 ·
Had my first real 'stoplight drag' yesterday. Making a right turn onto a 4-lane road that borders a large State Park, I red Chevy SSR came up on me in the left lane. As I punched it to clear on-coming traffic, he gunned it too. He was doing at least 40-ish and I was maybe at 20mph as I straightened out of the right turn. I stood on my right foot and caught him after about 1/8th of a mile. Next stoplight, we nodded and it was on.
I don't think he ever had a chance :) When I got to about 3 car lengths ahead, I let off. He gave me a thumbs up as he passed me and turned left at the next light.
I haven't stopped grinning since I drove my SRT8 home but this made me LOL like a silly kid.

#15 ·
Ok I have the best one yet!!! Pull to a light just as it turns red. Sure enough a 07 Saleen Mustang pulls up next to me. I roll down my window and say "that's a nice stang you got there, want to go light to light?" He replies in a douch bag tone of voice" I don't think so!" as he looks my Jeep up and down."this is a SAALEEEEEENNNN Mustang, I paid alot of money not to lose races!" So I say"then let's try shall we" So the light goes green and well you know what happens next. As we get to the nest red light I'm 6 cars ahead of him, he rolls down his window and says "how?" I say "I know it's embarassing isn't it!!" And he rolls his window up just ssssoooooooo pissed off. SO LONG SUCKER!!!!!!!

#16 ·
LOL thats pretty funny. Some people just don't understand no matter how much power you have it is useless with 2wd and street tires:rolleyes:

#17 ·
I wish I had they way he looked me up and down and said what he said on tape. He thought he was driving the fastest car in the world! Don't people who have sports cars know about the SRT8 Jeep?? Pic up a mag some day, read about what's out there....I don't get it, But I sure love it. This one was my fav of all time!!

#18 ·
Good stories so far guys.

Here is another one from today.

Just returning from Extreme Performance in Abu Dhabi where I had installed Kooks Headers, BWoody 3.5" CAI, 180 TStat and Diablosport tune.

On the way home, I drove in front of the Porsche dealership just when a Porsche Cayman S was coming out of the driveway for what seemed to be a test drive with the Sales Person.

I follow those guys on the highway and decide to line up beside them at roughly 50MPH, when the 2 guys saw me, they understood what I wanted and the driver happily decided to engage in the race. We accelerated from 50 to about 100MPH and there was never a contest as I took several car length on the Porsche. At the next exit, I got the thumbs up from the driver but the passenger (the sales guy) did not seem happy at all :p

What is the rest of the story?

Do you think this guy will buy the Porsche :rolleyes:

Sorry, reality of life can be hard sometimes...

JF

• Haha
#19 ·
“A race a day keeps the doctor away”. Isn’t what our mothers used to say?

Ok guys, I need your input on this one because what just happened has just left me absolutely delirious. Prior to this one, my favourite race to date was with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S but this was until tonight, when I landed just beside an Audi R8 on my favourite strip in Abu Dhabi.

Remember this strip with 4 consecutive light signals? Well this guy with the Audi R8 was so up for it that we went at it 3 times for a total of 12 runs before I decided to call it quits.

Some numbers on my car before I proceed with the rest. With my latest mods, the car runs consistent 0-60 in 4.7sec and ¼ mile in 13.3. Keep in mind that this is at 100F +.

For whatever reason, for each of the 12 runs, the Audi R8 Emirati driver actually never floored it to start on the green light. He basically accelerated slowly up to about 20 miles per hour and then hit it every time. I basically waited for his move to hit it as well. Technically speaking, I am still a “virgin” with the SRT 8, meaning that I have still not lost a race. I know that my days are counted because of the type of cars surrounding me here and I was basically ready to get hammered by the R8.

But guess what? The Audi R8 never gained an inch on me between lets say 20 to approximately 80 miles per hour before we started decelerating to stop again. I could not believe it, the acceleration was exactly identical like I was racing against myself.

So here it is and I am seeking for your input. What in the h… happened here? Was I dealing with an inexperienced driver or what? I was really ready to be handed a good spanking but I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow…

Cheers

JF

#20 ·
^^^well they only have a 4.2 V8 with 420hp so while impressive yes they are not THAT great. The new one with the gallardo engine will be a different story.

Anyway the JEEP has way more torque than the audi so that has something to do with it. If you would have went above 80 the R8 would be pulling for sure. right around 70-80 is where the Jeep hits "the wall" if you will. Unless you have FI or Nitrous or Stroker.

#21 ·
Tonight on the freeway i saw what look to be a Trailblazer SS coming behind i slow down to see and it's a blue SS.So i get on the gas and let off a couple of times, then i look over and see that is a girl by herself, so then i say to myself that ill stop **** with her and leave her alone. I changed lane and pull ahead of her because my exit was coming up in a mile. then i see her pull up next to me and open her sun roof and give me the finger and she get on it hard so once i see her leave on me i get on it myself. So i catch her and start pass her fast while i pass her i give the thumbs down. i thought that was a funny win

• Haha
#24 ·
I was driving back from Lake Havasu over Memorial Day weekend when I get stuck in traffic due to road construction. The two lane hey merged into one lane and with all the truck towing boats, it took me an hours to travel five miles. Once I got clear of the traffic, I was so relieved that I stomped on it to about 90. I look in my rear view and see a black Toyota Tacoma X-Runner weaving in and out of traffic trying to catch up with me. So I let off and let them catch up. They pull up along side of me and I see two typical 909ers giving me a hard look. They had their Monster energy drink hats, Oakley glasses, Affliction tshirts, etc. Were cruising at about 80 when they punch it. They get about a two car lead on me before I get on it, then walk by them like they were standing still. Just for fun, I stay on it till about 120 and now I have about a football field on them. I back off and see if they want to try again. I see them baring down hard so I wait for them thinking thy want to try again. I slow to 80 and wait for them, but they blow by me not letting off at all. I romp on it and quickly pass them again! We start coming up on traffic so I back off. Now they start driving like asses, weaving in and out of the trucks pulling boats and trailers, so I let them go.

#25 ·
Thats what being young can do lol.

#26 · (Edited)
I was on the 105 west last night. I get next to a Mustang GT and he starts gunning the engine so I give it a little (ok a lot) of gas but he doesn't bite. All of a sudden out of nowhere comes a beautiful silver Challenger. He definitely wants to play. He goes around some cars cuts in front of me hard forcing me into another lane. Right away I'm pissed I see the SRT8 badge and chase him down. We get some traffic his lane slows down and I get to pull next to him. To my surprise he has chrome clad wheels NO Brembos and as pull ahead I notice an R/T badge in the grill. A freakin IMPOSTER WTF?

• Haha
#27 ·
Vista Blue Shelby GT (2007?) raced up to me today as I was cruising at 40ish on a local street. Once he was at my passenger door, he dropped a gear and floored it. I HAD to comply. I think he was shocked that I not only kept on his rear bumper at first but then pulled ahead. At 80ish I backed off but he kept going. I think he drove straight to AutoZone for some mods ;) Maybe he missed a shift . . .

#28 ·
I left work tonight and ended up along side a coworker of mine in his TBSS at a redball, the road is basicly deserted with no intersections for at least a mile. The greenball hits and so do we, once I hit it my new nitto 420's stuck very well and I just crushed him no spin at all. He called my cell and flat out said "Man, you just left me there and I was flooring it!!!" :D

#29 ·
That's it,I have lost my first race last night.

The guy beside me in a SUV beat me twice straigt up on 0-60. Have to add that he slightly jumped the start both times but his ride appeared a bit faster than mine anyways.

This would have really killed me but surprisingly, I really enjoyed it.

It was another Jeep SRT8:D

As long as it stays in the family right

JF:bigthumb:

• Haha
#31 ·
On the way back from Dubai today to Abu Dhabi, I caught up a Mustand GT on the highway.

We stayed together at 60 MPH until he hit a section of the highway where it is known that the radars are set to catch you only if you exceed 100MPH.

As soon as we entered the fast section, we both hit it at 60MPH and he slowly gained on me (maybe a 2mph differential) until 110 MPH. We were 3 in the car, he was alone.

His car was very loud and I have no idea if it was modded or not.

Is this to be expected?

Cheers

JF

#33 ·
^^^^I think i remember it being an XLR-V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.