Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Memorial Day

837 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  robpp 
#1 ·
As we celebrate the upcoming holiday I ask that we remember and think about the military service members who are in harms way, and some that have given the ultimate sacrifice; regardless how you do or don't feel about the conflicts we are in, think about them and there family members and lets not forget the real meaning of Memorial Day.

#2 ·
Yes Sir. You cant thank miltary service members enough, because without them we wouldnt be typing english on here right now. No matter what your views are on the wars that we were in and are in now, you always show respect to the service members. Military members dont get paid enough for their services. May God Bless all the past and current military members.

#4 ·
Crookster777, its individuals like you who keep and have kept me going on 20 plus years in the Army:) I will surely tell my Soldiers today that there are some great people who appreciate our service and sacrifice.

#5 ·
You cant thank them enough. That is why I think Jane Fonda should be charged with treason and thrown out in the middle of the ocean. You dont disrespect our soldiers like that. Without them she would not have been able to make millions of dollars with stupid movies. They criticize the so called establishment but they love the money it brings them. All I hope is that our guys come back home soon and if there is a draft, this 18 year old will quit school and go. I would be proud to serve this country.

#7 ·
This is what started Memorial Day:

http://www.usmemorialday.org/observe.htm

"...gather around their sacred remains and garland the passionless mounds above them with choicest flowers of springtime....let us in this solemn presence renew our pledges to aid and assist those whom they have left among us as sacred charges upon the Nation's gratitude,--the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan." --General John Logan, General Order No. 11, 5 May 1868

Let's all remember those who sacrifice for our freedoms. And to all who stand in harm's way, return home safe.

God Speed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.