"Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum
WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 12:08 PM

Re: "Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread

Saw a black GC SRT8 in downtown Calgary yesterday at lunch (monday Nov 6). It was driving North up 2nd street SW past TD square and Bow Valley. Anyone here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 PM

JLandBL - Where in NJ do you drive every day? I commute on I-78 every day and still haven't spotted one. Unfortunately, I commute in my work car, not the SRT8

Black 2006 JGC SRT8, K&N filter, GSM phenolic intake spacer, Sylvania Silverstars, cabin air filter, aluminum stubby antenna, rear fog lights rigged as extra brake lights and turn signals
post #53 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 02:41 PM

Seen 2 black ones and 2 silver ones in the brooklyn area. No red, guess mine is the only red BEAST in DA HOUSE -)))))
post #54 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeepee
JLandBL - Where in NJ do you drive every day? I commute on I-78 every day and still haven't spotted one. Unfortunately, I commute in my work car, not the SRT8
jayeepee - I'm on route 3, route 46, route 80 and route 23 daily and occasionally on route 280 and the NJ turnpike. Hope to see you / me.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Silver (SOLD)
post #55 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 10:22 PM

Ok I'm convinced I have the only GCSRT8 in my Area. I have never seen another one on the road. Can someone drive up here (Erie PA) just to prove there are more? Nice to be unique but lonely on the roads!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #56 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 AM

A cop in my town has a black one. He stopped by my house to chat but I have yet to see him or any others on a regular basis.

TO my knowledge I have the only silver SRT-8 Jeep with a black stripe up the middle of the hood (seen in my avatar), so if anyone spots a silver Jeep with a black stripe, that's me!

2006 GC SRT8 SILVER - For Sale - Sold
2006 BMW 325xi wagon - SILVER - wifes
2003 GSX-R 1000 - track/street - SILVER SOLD
2002 Harley Davidson V-ROD - VERY SILVER
3 year old Weimaraner - Gracie - SILVER
-----------------------------------------
See a trend?

Last edited by TRAINER; 11-08-2006 at 02:08 PM.
post #57 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 08:19 AM

Saw a black one with Pennsylvania plates in Toronto outside the Air Canada Centre. The Leafs were playing the Flyers.
post #58 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8Can
Saw a black one with Pennsylvania plates in Toronto outside the Air Canada Centre. The Leafs were playing the Flyers.
Yeah the dealership I bought my SRT8 from sold that black SRT8 to a Pro Hockey Player. So that had to be him, how many pro hockey players do you think have a Jeep SRT8, dunno. He had them put a Corsa Exhaust on and a couple other features. Did it have a Corsa?... Just curious. I thought once there was a Pro Hockey Player on this Forum???

Mike B. GO Cleveland Clowns, OH
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06' Bright Silver GC SRT8
08' GT500
post #59 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM

Talking Re: "Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread

I had not spotted a GC SRT8 yet until last nite when I pulled into the parking lot of a local high-end Audio shop to find out if what I had seen out of the corner of my eye actually were the 20 inchers on a RRC. It was, and amazingly the owner - after hearing I had been looking at them - urged me to get behind the wheel and take his new baby with about 500 miles on it for a spin with him riding shotgun. I was happy to oblige What a beast! Spectacular acceleration even on wet pavement, and the ride wasn't as harsh as I suspected it would be, but that's after having several performance oriented vehicles. I drive an S4 and that SUV would eat me for lunch in a straight line - and judging by the size of the tires and lack of noticeable body roll - probably be quite capable in the twisties. It looks amazing also and had a nicely appointed interior with obvious Daimler influence.
So a BIG "Thanks" to Shane if you're hanging around here!
BTW, it looks very impressive with the HID's
post #60 of 1643 (permalink) Old 11-08-2006, 01:37 PM

I have a Boxster which is better on cornering than the SRT but I'm sure the acceleration is better on the Jeep. Of course it also uses twice as much GAS as the Porsche
It sounds like you are hooked - you'd better go buy one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode