Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Miami Meet - Thurs, Aug 25th, Sept 1st & 8th

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  luisv 
#1 ·
UPCOMING MEETING DATES... THREE IN A ROW!

OK... for those following, we should have had a meeting today. We meet every other week. Unfortunately, Irene had different plans for us. The descision was made early this week to postpone the meeting one week. However.... since the storm missed us, we made the call this morning to go ahead and go to the restaurant for an "informal" meeting. We are basically going to just head out for dinner. So if you feel like it... feel free to come by today August 25th!

On Thursday, September 1st we will be going to meet in our normal format. This will be the date for the postponed Aug 25th Meeting.

On Thursday, September 8th we will be back on our regular meeting dates. From this date on, we'll go back to every two weeks. This will be the full meeting again.

To recap:
August 25th - Informal Meeting since Hurrican Irene spared South Florida.
September 1st - Meeting to makeup for the full meeting we would have had August 25th (now just an informal get together)
September 8th - Back to normal meeting dates... next meeting after this will be September 22nd or two weeks later.

The next SSP meeting! We have a new home with some great benefits. We will have significantly more parking! We are meeting at a great restaurant and we'll be having dinner there after we hang out for a while. We will have our own dedicated room for our dinner. No waiting, no problem getting seated.

Come and join us. I feel we have the best Mopar turnout of any club in Miami. We have all the modern Mopar muscle represented!

Get those rides ready to show off. The meet is for SSP Miami. It's an open (no particular make/model) car club in Miami. We meet regualrly and also participate in a number of car shows during the year. We also have a couple of drives/events during the year outside of the club meetings. It's a great group and the atmosphere is really laid back. Best of all.... it's free. There is no club membership fee.

This meeting we'll be discussing:

- Tail of the Dragon Cruise dates have been set for early October. We will have details for those interested in joining us on a cruise up to Tenesee to run the Tail of the Dragon! We have details on that including exact dates and times. Make sure to ask!

September Track Dates We head out to Homestead Speedway. We go out to run at the track's Test-nTune days. We take video, share on-board cameras and then put together the videos of the passes from a few angles. We have a blast. We are also going to run our first SSP Challenge. We are basically setting up an SSP Club Member Bracket Race for braggin rights. Come to the meet and ask me the details!

Karting in October If racing your own ride is not enough, SSP is planning on putting together a day of Karting where we can race indoor and against other SSP members. Come to the meet and ask me the details!

SSP Dyno Day We have setup for an SSP Dyno Day on September 10th. Come and hang with the SSP club members and throw your car up on the Dyno for a heavily discounted price. Details at the meet!

As always, I'll be posting this on at least 5 more dedicated Mopar forums. We should have a good Mopar turnout again! Make sure you're there!
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE NEW LOCATION

The details:
Date: Thursday, August 25th, September 1st and 8th, 2011
Time: 8:00 PM
Place: Sports Grill: 9090 SW 97th Avenue, Miami <<<< NEW MEETING PLACE
Plan: Meet up in the North Lot (address above) at 8:00PM, then walk into our dedicated room for dinner!

See less See more
#2 ·
Alright....... so am I going to see any Jeep SRT8's?!

C'mon....... come join your Mopar friends... we get 12 to 14 Mopars at most of our meetings.... would love to have some Jeeps there!

Come and show off those rides!

Meeting is this thrusday the 8th. Next meeting will be in two weeks.... come by. Great cars, great people, great food....... how can you go wrong!?!

#3 ·
I'm trying Luis. Still waiting on my Jeep man.

#4 ·
Ouch!.... well thanks for trying... I am sure we'll see you at some point....

Just hoping there is more than just one Jeep SRT8 in Miami..... :D

#7 ·
They meet every other Thursday so I'm pretty sure that the next one is going to be Oct. 6
Thanks guys!.... Yes you are correct.... the next meet is October 6th... It would be great to see you all. There will be at least 25 cars there, overall, and about 8 to 10 Mopars.

Unfortunately, I will not be there with my toy on the 6th. I will be out on an SSP Cruise to run the Tail of the Dragon on the North Carolina/Tenessee border. It's going to be an awesome 5 day cruise we are making from Oct 6th to the 10th. It's the fall cruise we make. We do about 3 to 4 longer cruises (more than 1 day) a year.

Regardless.... do show up... we'd love to have you guys!

As FYI.... I will be out at two shows this weekend.

One is a show that is run the first Saturday of every month. The next one is this Saturday, the 1st of October. It is at Sir Pizza in the strip mall on SW 120th Stree and 127th Ave. They run from 6:00PM to 10:00PM. SSP will have a number of cars out there. This show replaced the one that used to run at Betty's Burgers off US1. Besides us there are always a number of great cars there. They have a DJ, specials at Sir Pizza and they even raffle off some prizes. Real nice setup.

The second is the Speedlogix Show/Get Together... It would be great to see you guys there. It is Octboer 2nd and, I think, it runs from about 10PM to 3PM. Speedlogix is a great Mopar shop up in Palm Beach. They did the supercharger on my car.... WELL WORTH meeting these folks. Hit me with a PM or just Google them.... they sponsor many Mopar sites, but I don't know if this is one of them...

Come out to either and look for the stunning Black SRT8 Charger.... :D

Take care..... Thanks,

#6 ·
They meet every other Thursday so I'm pretty sure that the next one is going to be Oct. 6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.