Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2016 Lone Star Mopar Fest :: Oct 7-8

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  twokrx7 
#1 ·

Lone Star Mopar Fest started in 2011 as a gathering of Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Challenger, and Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT owners. This year we expand the event to include any MOPAR® related vehicle.

Whether you are new or experienced, novice or knowledgeable, we hope you share what you know, learn something new, and make valued connections with other owners. If you like to show your vehicle, race your vehicle, or do a little bit of both, put LSMF on your event calendar.

For more info: Lone Star Mopar Fest presented by Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

To register: Lone Star Mopar Fest 2016 Registration, Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 8:30 AM | Eventbrite

Hope to see you there!!

See less See more
Reactions: them0difier
#2 ·
We've updated the pages to help explain a little more of what goes on:

Event Website
Lone Star Mopar Fest presented by Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

Heritage Lunch
Heritage Lunch | Lone Star Mopar Fest

Show Events
Show-N-Shine | Lone Star Mopar Fest

Race Events
Race Program | Lone Star Mopar Fest

Other Events
Other Events | Lone Star Mopar Fest

Schedule
Event Schedule | Lone Star Mopar Fest

Host Hotel
Host Hotel Info | Lone Star Mopar Fest

As enthusiasts ask questions we’ll post answers, check them out here
SCLX Member Forum :: Topic: Q&A for LSMF 2016 (1/1)

Reactions: them0difier
#4 ·
Limited number of tickets for the Heritage Lunch are on sale now, get your's while supplies last - don't miss your chance to see this place!!!!

XPEL Heritage Lunch 2016 Tickets, Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:30 AM | Eventbrite

THE XPEL HERITAGE LUNCH Started in 2014, the Heritage Lunch is a way for LSMF attendees to experience the classic vehicles that gave us the modern MOPAR® muscle cars that many of us enjoy today. In addition to admission and lunch, attendees will receive one additional ticket to the Eastcoastmoparts.com Prize Bash (one per vehicle). THE HEMI HIDEOUT A lifelong dream of John Hovas, the Hemi Hideout is a trip back in time unlike anything you've experienced before.

#3 ·
If I'm up and running I will likely be there ... last year I made it to the event but on the way I was having boost control issues aka it was wanting to make mucho mas boost, Jeep experienced high 20's as my boost gage warnings were flashing and beeping, thankfully I had gages that warn on overboost and I got out of it! Later discovered my wastegate boost reference line feeding boost pressure to the lower wg port (the one that opens the wg) had plugged from Q16 related corrosion in the AN fittings at the boost/vac distribution block on the firewall. I replaced all the boost control and fuel pressure ref lines with teflon lined AN hose and stainless fittings, plus installed the super pro trans, and now doing more fuel mods and then will update the tune and it should be ready to go kill mode.

See you guys there!

#5 ·
Q&A Update from the LSMF team…

Q: Is the event now open to any MOPAR?
A: We’ve been asked every year (since 2011) about opening the event to all MOPAR vehicles and this year we are glad to do so.

Q: The event used to be free to get in, what does it cost now?
A: Correct, in 2011-2014 the event was free if you registered your vehicle. Last year we charged $5 per person and $10 for car show entries. This year it’s a simplified $25 for all vehicles and covers all admission and activities Friday night and Saturday. Event info on this page (or our website) has the detailed info on what is included. Last year proceeds went towards building and shipping care packages to our overseas armed forces. This year proceeds will fund a donation to Help Our Military Endure.

Q: Do I need a ticket to get in the show/race parking area?
A: Yes, a ticket is required for all MOPAR vehicles to enter the show/race area. Please bring your paper ticket or have your e-ticket on your mobile device. There will be NO on-site registration so get your discounted ticket by Sept 10.

Q: How much is it to autocross or drag race? Can I do both?
A: A tech card will be $35 per vehicle and covers both activities.

Q: What are the classes for the Show-N-Shine?
A: There are eleven different classes. Judges will evaluate each vehicle and we’ll give out 67 trophies.

Q: What are the classes for the Whitehead Motorsports Race Program?
A: Our race director and team are working on designing a balanced program. Stay tuned (see what we did there).

Q: How can I see the Hemi Hideout?
A: The XPEL Heritage Lunch is on Friday and at the Hemi Hideout. Tickets are available on our website.

Q: What is the Eastcoastmoparts Prize Bash?
A: Each participating vehicle owner will be given a raffle ticket. Tickets will be drawn throughout Saturday for prizes. Winning tickets are reused and eligible for prizes all day.

Q: What is the Saturday Night Moparty?
A: After your day at the track, and dinner with friends, come back to the host hotel, relax, and hang out with new friends, and play some Mopar bingo.

Q: Is there a Dyno Day?
A: Our friends at Moparfan.com are organizing dyno sessions. Jump to the FRIDAY page of our event website for more info.

Q: Can I bring any parts to sell/trade to other owners?
A: Yes, ModFX is handling the swap meet on Friday. Stop by their booth for more info.

#7 ·
#9 ·
#10 ·
So if I want to enter the drag race program I can buy $35 entry at gate and then a $35 tech card to compete, but I cannot park in the "race" area if I do not register online and bring some printout from the online registration? Then where would I have to park?

Second question. Web states there is a limited number of participants in the big dawg but we can only register for this once onsite. Does that mean that I may drive all the way to the event and not be allowed to compete?

"Think of the race program as a private track day for enthusiasts of all experience levels. A tech card is required and space is limited. We will have something that interests every racer (Test & Tune, Grudge Matches, Index Racing, and a Big Dawg Sweet Sixteen Shootout)."

"Cost
Purchase a $35 tech card (good for Autocross and/or Quarter-Mile racing) at the LSMF Information Center. Quantities limited to ensure track time per driver."

Please confirm as I will not even consider driving over an hour each way if you are guys are not going to allow me to compete.

#11 ·
See comments

So if I want to enter the drag race program I can buy $35 entry at gate and then a $35 tech card to compete, but I cannot park in the "race" area if I do not register online and bring some printout from the online registration? Then where would I have to park?

Comment - If you buy full price entrance ticket and have a mopar vehicle, you are allowed into the participant parking, you then can purchase your tech card to race.

Second question. Web states there is a limited number of participants in the big dawg but we can only register for this once onsite. Does that mean that I may drive all the way to the event and not be allowed to compete?

Comment - No, The big dawg class is currently set for the fastest 16 times, the class of 16 will be determined by fastest 16 test and tune runs from the morning session. If you do not qualify for the fastest 16, you still will be able to run in the index class based on your time.

"Think of the race program as a private track day for enthusiasts of all experience levels. A tech card is required and space is limited. We will have something that interests every racer (Test & Tune, Grudge Matches, Index Racing, and a Big Dawg Sweet Sixteen Shootout)."

"Cost
Purchase a $35 tech card (good for Autocross and/or Quarter-Mile racing) at the LSMF Information Center. Quantities limited to ensure track time per driver."

Comment - We will limit the autocross to the first 40 participants, we want to ensure that each participant gets ample runs in the allotted time frame.

Comment - We do not expect to have to limit the drag racing, however to ensure your spot, stop by the host hotel Friday evening and purchase your tech card, or make sure you are at the gate when the event opens up Saturday morning.

Please confirm as I will not even consider driving over an hour each way if you are guys are not going to allow me to compete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.