Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Houston meet ups.

7K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  coronitas_5 
#1 ·
Hey so I was wondering if anyone in the Houston area get together for meets? I recently joined the SpaceCityLX club and I'm the only jeep I have seen so far. So anyone who want to set something up either just hang somewhere to get a bite or if you got work needing done post it up here.

#3 ·
I've met a few guys at the track before. I'm not really a Mopar fan or Chrysler fan, I just love Jeeps and Vipers. For this reason I avoid the meets. That and it's always a lot of ghetto people that show up (ghetto of all ethnicities).

I'd prefer a proper meet where we drink espresso out of a small cup and discuss our latest investments.

#4 ·
I'd prefer a proper meet where we drink espresso out of a small cup and discuss our latest investments.
Pop that pinky!

Reactions: Mohpar
#5 ·
Lol. I was out at royal purple last Friday. I'm thinking of hitting up Houston Motorsports park tonight. I gotta get some new data logs.

#6 ·
Your in Houston now?! Wtf when did that happen?!

#8 ·
Yeah I'm in Houston. I got done up at WyoTech in June. While I was in my high performance class I got interested in the machining part of blocks and heads, so I applied to SAM ( school of automotive machinists). From what I looked up they are one of the top schools for it and they are featured on powerblock quite often. So I'm using the rest of my GI bill here to learn engine block machining, Cylinder heads and CNC machining.

#7 ·
Tried to do the Jeep nights when I had a wrangler here in Killeen and it's the same thing. A few cool people and about 100 morons. And when I had my 300 and SuperBee an LX meetup had me wanting to say "put your teeth on the curb". Ofcourse I know its the area I live in. Guess the last "cool" meet up was at the SRT experience. I'm down for meeting anyone but I can't stand the 3-4 hour drive to the big cities. Dallas, Houston, San-Ant use to take less than 3 hrs before all the morons moved here from moronistan.

#10 ·
Will do for sure. I just started there a few weeks ago and so far I really like it. The only down side it they are very Ls orientated, so not getting much mopar love. Lol.

#13 ·
There are a number of Jeeps (94 registered members) that are part of SCLX. The most we have seen at a monthly event was 10 at any one event.

#15 ·
There usually is a few GCSRT at the monthly central meet and greet - (this Friday night the 21st), you can check out the location and times at the SCLX website. The biggest turnout of Jeeps we had was 10, that was a couple of years back when jeep owners organized to show up and park together.

#18 ·
I try to go to most of the central meets for SCLX recently and almost all the monthly central mochas and mopars. Its a good crew.

It helps that it is the Target we live near. Not sure if I can make it for the central meet tomorrow though.

#19 ·
I'm planning on going to that meet tomorrow. If anyone from here ends up going, you can find my jeep cause it's got the Cherokeesrt8.com stickers on the back side windows.

#27 ·
I know I am waking an old thread but I just got my SRT and would love to get together with other Jeep SRT owners in Houston. I am a member of Spacecity LX but its mainly sedans and coupes at the meets and I'm not interested in that anymore since my 300 is gone. Im in Pearland but will travel about an hour for a good quality meet up, no ridiculousness just some some good old fashioned motor talk with some coffee or something. Maybe even schedule some track meets?

Gotta be more owners in Houston that is looking for the same thing

#28 ·
Hey, do you drive a red jeep? I saw one last week on at the intersection of 521 and mchard rd. I'm in Pearland just off 521 and Broadway.

#30 ·
That wasn't me, mine is white pic in my avatar in when I brought it home. Your not far from me though since I'm in shadow creek Broadway and Kirby area. Ive seen a few rolling through P-land, even threw up the wave but didn't get any response. You up for morning coffee and chats on a Saturday?

#31 ·
I saw that after I posted the comment. Lol. Yeah ur like 5 mins from me. I'd be down to meet up, I'm gonna be out of town till Saturday. Going to PRI this week. Your always welcome to stop by too. I'm usually out in my garage working on shit and things. Shoot me a pm with ur contact info and we will link up.

#33 ·
We did a Jeep meet at one of the HPD monthly events a few months back, think we had 4 SRT8 Jeeps show up. I try to make each of the HPD monthly meets at Twin Peaks in The Woodlands and will ping the other 3 turbo wk1 Jeeps in town to see if folks want to get together, but none are close so Jeep meets don't happen often up here. You can look up the HPD meets on FB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.