Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Ptcm

11K views 57 replies 12 participants last post by  MattSRT 
#1 ·
Hey guys/gals

Jim, you might want to chime in here,,,,,,need some local help, about to purchase Builder Bills PTCM. Read the forum about pulling down the piece underneath the steering column blah, blah...Now, am I taking apart from the front where steering is or the back close to the pedals?? How about this:D I either can meet someone, someplace and they can show me how this is done:eek:......Let me know how I can re-pay you for this favor!!!! I'm in the Los Angeles area, but willing to drive a bit if I need to....So what do you say folks?? Just would like to get this thing outta here so when my new unit arrives I can just slap it in

Thanks in advance,

Mack:cool:

#50 · (Edited)
Exactly what Brian said the performance enhancements are all in auto stick mode.
When you have it in drive, it is supposed to drive fairly normally and please the wife/girlfriend/soon to be ex/side chick lol

That's a 6800 RPM? wow.
I went with the 65 and I'm sure mine shifts it probably closer to 6800.
That's some serious rpm's. Your motor isn't stock then is it?

Reactions: Raymond Bunch
#51 ·
Nah, it's a 426, with an procharger F1-D. I also asked about the 6800 rpm when I bought the PTCM, as I was also concerned. From what I'm told, It Shouldnt be an issue, I should be ok. There are guys revving higher than 7000+ with the same set up I have.

Reactions: MattSRT
#53 ·
Yeah man, I'll know more this coming Friday at our local 1/8 mile drags. I'm sure it going to make a bit of difference. This PTCM mod due to the upped rpm's should add 1-3 more pounds of boost too. ��

Reactions: MattSRT
#55 ·
I raised mine via Intune. So you should be able too with the trinity as well. What PTCM did you go with 6200?

I ended up taking my 6800 out and went with the 6200. It still occasionally goes into limp mode sometimes tho. I think I should have went with the 6500...

#57 ·
Good choice. I may send my 6800 back in and have them recalibrate it too 6500. Seems like this is the sweet spot.

#58 ·
Yeah I got a 6500 for mine as well but it shifting closer to 6800 at my power level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.