Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Portland Internation Raceway Late Night Drags?

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  tugboatchad 
#1 ·
Do any of the PACNW folks hit the late night drags at PIR? I went down there two weekends ago and ran the jeep but was dissapointed to see no other Jeep or mopar guys there (did see and kill a TBSS :) ) I am thinking about heading out there again this Saturday night as it looks to be a really nice day and evening. Anyone interested?

#3 ·
There was a Jeep there this past Saturday. Lots of guys in LX's are there almost every weekend. The Jeep guys in the PNW are such sissy's about going to the track or even participating in anything in general it's hard to get a group together! YungSRT, Regency, and myself are about the only people with Jeeps in Puget Sound area that get together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
I've been wanting to meet you all but all the meets are on saturdays, which sucks cause i work saturdays. If u guys ever decide on a meet on sunday.... Im game
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Mine won't be ready for at least another month. Damnit! But when it is you will see it there. My buddy got his wrist slapped in front of the crowd by the track officials for running an 11.3 with no cage in the Jeep. He turned his hand up so it was a high 5 and the announcer scolded him and made him do it again!

#6 ·
Haha that's funny..There were two CTS-V's (2008+) that were running mid to high 11's that I think got sqwaked at from the officials last time I was out. \I know I will be hanging around as much as I can throughout the summer so I am sure we will run into each other at some point.

Reactions: tugboatchad
#10 ·
Hey Portland guys, I know some LX folks are going to PIR tonight if y'all are interested. I won't be there however.

#11 ·
I was there...ran a new pb after my toon from datoona 12.79! Saw another steel blue in the parking lot but couldn't find the owner. Saw a Blue charger with a lot of nitrous and a yellow chally srt8.

#12 ·
Blue Charger with NOS is Dave. I was hoping you would introduce yourself. He's a great guy and goes by BlueBee on the LX Forums. His car is pretty amazing. Next time you see him introduce yourself, he's a drag racing nut and is pretty plugged into your local scene.

#15 · (Edited)
It might be the other Dave. Rosecity from this forum. Not sure otherwise. What did BlueBee AKA Nitrous Dave run? He had massive problems with the car last year. Good to see him running again.

That would be me! We should get together.

As for you, Chad. Us PDX guys are "sissies", huh? You're going to make me cry.....

Troy was driving. I think they were running out of N20 and the tune was dumping in way too much fuel. It was sputtering and surging. It ran much better without the N2O and ran high 11s. Something is not working right cuz Blue Bee is capable of so much more. You've seen him run, Chad, so you know. My boys love hanging out and seeing all this....

Reactions: tugboatchad
#14 ·
It might be the other Dave. Rosecity from this forum. Not sure otherwise. What did BlueBee AKA Nitrous Dave run? He had massive problems with the car last year. Good to see him running again.

#16 ·
Man I wish I was closer, I have been thinking about taking mine to Portland and running at sea level. Is there a big event that would make a 430 mile trip worth it. My Jeep wants to run sea level SOOOOO Bad!

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.