Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Pac Northwest Sightings

50K views 275 replies 42 participants last post by  Regency 
#1 ·
Let me say these kinds of threads are nice to meet and greet fellow owners. It is also a great start to putting together a local club of SRT-8 owners and the likes for fun meets. Tug had set up a great meet over the weekend and I would like to add to the success. If we find out who we know we might be able to get 15-20 of us running around for some great drives and fun times.

I will start with the SRT-8 black that I saw on the freeway heading home in the rain on Sunday the 28th. It was in the traffic Jam at 200th in Sea-Tac area south bound I-5. I was driving the Steel Blue Metallic in the left lane.

-Chris

#137 ·
Spotted a black SRT this morning about 10am. A young blonde female driving it near Westfield shopping center in Vancouver, WA. Both of us noticed each other and waved.

#143 ·
Hi! You remembered :eek:) I'm doing fine down here in Lacey although I haven't used the Cherokee most of this winter. Hope to get it out on the next sunny day. Any events coming up? Any gathering sites? Is there anything going on over in Kent at the road course? How are you doing? Well I hope, and with lots going on for you. It's always nice to be busy. Thanks for the comeback & take care. :eek:)

#144 ·
Hi Jim! Long time no see. There will be lots of events going on with the Mopar Drag Team and all once racing season starts. It would be good to see you again. Harvey or I will be posting up as us NW guys do gatherings so check back from time to time. My Jeep is in Vancouver, Wa. getting the trans. torque converter and such installed so I travel through Lacey from time to time too. Take care!

Chad

#145 ·
Hi Chad. Good to hear from you also. When ever I see a boat of some size out on the water I think of you and if you might be out there on one adventure or another. Quite a life you lead. :eek:) The racing season -- I'm looking forward to it. We should be able to meet up at a few of these events this year. I love road racing, even though I don't have the vehicle for it. I watch them when ever I can though.

Save travels Chad.

Jim (Many Keys)

#147 ·
Youngsrt, JeepMystery, and myself are in your general area. Youngsrt and I hang with a group of cool LX cats that race with the Mopar Drag Team at SIR and Bremerton. If you want to hang with some Mopars and Modern Mopars then these are the events for you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#149 ·
Welcome to our world. Ha! These rigs are some sexy ass beasts! Do you have any mods yet? I've got a couple of great cold air intakes for sale in the classifieds section.

#151 ·
I have two of the same 250 and 225 I think. I'd have to look at my posting. Shipping for you should be quite quick and I'd help ya install it! Can't beat that with a hickory stick!!!

#153 ·
Hi Chad, thanks for this tip. I'm really trying to hook up with road racing or even autocross events. Note: so far, last yr, I was not allowed to enter an autocross over in Packwood. I'll attend some again this yr to see if they will reconsider. It's even just fun driving to these various events. I hope to attend the drags just to support you guys and take the drive to and from as well. As they say "Keep the shinny side up"!

Many Keys

#155 ·
Trouble with autocross events, in this area at least, because I have a Jeep product (SUV) I'm told at the events I've gone to that SUV's especially Jeep products aren't allowed. They've decided to protect us from ourselves, and of course insuring that the fewer cleanups the smoother the event will run, to try and understand their point of view. They figure we will tip over. I'd still try it if I had the chance. Been there, done that & enjoyed it with other cars. I'd like to at least test the Cherokee other than just with on off ramp fun. :eek:) Maybe we could have an event with just Jeep products entered at some track or other. Just my thoughts.

thanks for sharing your interest in the sport with me.

Many Keys

#156 ·
If the weather is cooperative tonight, you can spot me at Portland International Raceway between 6 and 10pm. Register a username and password and see live racing on the web at: www.pirlive.com

#157 ·
Its killing me that Im not there! Dan, I want to check out your roll cage next time Im down. Maybe March 9 (Friday)?

Chad

#161 ·
it might be early on the 10th! LOL!

#163 ·
Dang, I broke something in the engine. My first run coasted thru the traps at 11.55 and 108mph. Makes loud tapping and backfiring noises. Checked the oil, no antifreeze in it. So I drove it home slowly @ 40mph. Guess I'll check all the plugs and go from there. That's all I want to think about tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.